• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-post from MTO thread. Please repsond here

Folks I'm considering a mahogany shell balmoral boot MTO, inspired by G&G Canterbury, and wanted to check if there's enough interest for a group order. I'm envisioning a versatile boot that can be dressed up or worn with flannel/five pocket (non-denim) trousers. I'm leaning towards the 804, a sleek round toe last, with flat welt and some sort of rubber sole (double vibram or single ridgeway)

Specs:

Leather: Mahogany Hatch Grain Shell Cordovan
Construction: Hand Welted 360deg flat welt
Sole: Single Leather with Ridgeway Brown or Double leather with Vibram
Edge Finish: Dk Brown
Lining: natural calf
5 Small Antique Eyelets and 4 matching Speedhooks
Last: 804, an elegant round toe last

G&G Canterbury in chestnut hatchgrain, chisel toe last (TG73)

Bonafe balmoral boot

Bonafe 804 last

Mahogany hatchgrain

Mahogany hatchgrain.jpg

l33tcoder

Reaction score
Enzo Bonafe fans with low instep - what do you use for working around the typically high instep with your beloved EB boots?
I have 1 pair of deby boots in particular for which even tongue pad is not enough - the leather pieces are overlapping almost like a balmoral boots. Surprising I have EB boots in the same size and last and they fit much better for me in terms of instep.

I have never used an insole - have people found a better fit with those? Any particular recommendations?

Thanks!

gmehra

Reaction score
Enzo Bonafe fans with low instep - what do you use for working around the typically high instep with your beloved EB boots?
I have 1 pair of deby boots in particular for which even tongue pad is not enough - the leather pieces are overlapping almost like a balmoral boots. Surprising I have EB boots in the same size and last and they fit much better for me in terms of instep.

I have never used an insole - have people found a better fit with those? Any particular recommendations?

Thanks!
in addition to trying an insole, try a heel pad

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
XPOST

Here is an update of some leathers we have available in stock for MTOs through Enzo Bonafè. We also have Cordovan Color 4, Cordovan Color 8, Cordovan Dark Cognac inbound but some of these are reserved for upcoming GMTOs. But let us know if you are interested [email protected]
  • Cordovan Dark Brown – 3 shells: 3 pairs of shoes or 2 pairs of boots
  • Cordovan Box Board Print Col.8 7 shells – 6 pairs of shoes or 4 pairs of boots
  • Cordovan Box Board Print Mahogany – 6 shells 6 pairs of shoes or 4 pairs of boots
  • Cordovan Football Print Col. 4 – 1 shell: 1 pair of shoes
Tärnsjö grain in stock:
  • Oak: 61,50 sq. Ft. (about 15 pars)
  • Red: 7 sq. Ft. (about 1-2 pairs)
  • Cognac: 6 sq. Ft. (1 pair)
The Tärnsjö leather can be ordered of course, but only for GMTOs as the minimum quantity is 50 sq ft (approx. 12 pairs).

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
XPOST

Here is an update of some leathers we have available in stock for MTOs through Enzo Bonafè. We also have Cordovan Color 4, Cordovan Color 8, Cordovan Dark Cognac inbound but some of these are reserved for upcoming GMTOs. But let us know if you are interested [email protected]
  • Cordovan Dark Brown – 3 shells: 3 pairs of shoes or 2 pairs of boots
  • Cordovan Box Board Print Col.8 7 shells – 6 pairs of shoes or 4 pairs of boots
  • Cordovan Box Board Print Mahogany – 6 shells 6 pairs of shoes or 4 pairs of boots
  • Cordovan Football Print Col. 4 – 1 shell: 1 pair of shoes
Tärnsjö grain in stock:
  • Oak: 61,50 sq. Ft. (about 15 pars)
  • Red: 7 sq. Ft. (about 1-2 pairs)
  • Cognac: 6 sq. Ft. (1 pair)
The Tärnsjö leather can be ordered of course, but only for GMTOs as the minimum quantity is 50 sq ft (approx. 12 pairs).
What is Box board print? Thanks.

Kivi D

Reaction score
Gentlemen, can I get some sizing advice for the 74945 last? For reference, here’s what I have:

Carmina rain 10Uk
Tlb Picasso/Goya 10Uk
G&G mh71/dg70 10.5Uk
EG 82 10.5Uk
C&J 360 10Uk
Vass F 10.5Uk
Vass K 10Uk
Carlos Santos 316 10Uk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads