• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is my first one and probably won't be my last. Still think it's quicker to put on than laces.

My grandfather had passed me down a pair of sidezips and it pained me to have to toss them when the leather finally went beyond restoration. I'd love to pick up a pair.

I know we are in an EB thread, but any other makers I should consider?

EB has a side zip, if you're into more streetwear I suppose Buttero has one (no idea about construction), though the sidezip I have is from Barbanera (it's blake, though a lot Barbanera are GYW, it's just for some specific "sleek" stuff they decide to do blake), I like it being "sleek" but not say SLP

the one I have is the black smooth calf

dangerous

Reaction score
WrosDAX.jpg
RIfV3KS.jpg
GNvIE4R.jpg

The lightning is messed up on the last one, but it have gotten quite a lot of wear. The first two pictures are I believe the first wear along with the studio picture from Skoaktiebolaget.

hmlarsson

Reaction score
WrosDAX.jpg
RIfV3KS.jpg
GNvIE4R.jpg

The lightning is messed up on the last one, but it have gotten quite a lot of wear. The first two pictures are I believe the first wear along with the studio picture from Skoaktiebolaget.
Great make-up! Nice color mix and very stylish with the norvegese stitching!:slayer:

EUtroll

Reaction score
The split-toe is probably one of EB's best looking models!

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a little plug for a GMTO we're starting with Skoaktiebolaget. Black calf with a black croc full strap penny loafer. 74945 last:

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,
Thinking of ordering a loafer 804 last on 8230. Should I do Inca or scotch grain?

Thanks

dangerous

Reaction score

How's the instep on these? They look quite nice!

I'm currently looking at different two-tone options, and I circle back to that model quite a bit, but then feels like ... meh until I see them again and feel like "pretty good" turning into "damn, that's interesting"

also: does it require a soft upper like button boots do?

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the instep on these? They look quite nice!

I'm currently looking at different two-tone options, and I circle back to that model quite a bit, but then feels like ... meh until I see them again and feel like "pretty good" turning into "damn, that's interesting"

also: does it require a soft upper like button boots do?
I did this MTO through Marol, I did request them to lower the instep but I still feel quite high, in fact, 74945 in UK8 feels higher than 363MOD in UK7.5, maybe due to different model, the other is jumper boots.

I don't know what exactly do you mean by soft upper (i.e. how soft is soft lol), but the upper is pretty soft, it doesn't really hold the shape if only using shoe trees but not boot trees.

dangerous

Reaction score
I did this MTO through Marol, I did request them to lower the instep but I still feel quite high, in fact, 74945 in UK8 feels higher than 363MOD in UK7.5, maybe due to different model, the other is jumper boots.

I don't know what exactly do you mean by soft upper (i.e. how soft is soft lol), but the upper is pretty soft, it doesn't really hold the shape if only using shoe trees but not boot trees.

I should have said shaft; I'm really not thinking stuff through occasionally.

I meant in the way you need to have the shaft in a soft material to be able to button button boots - a thick and stiff shaft won't button. The amount of texture in the uppers are quite a bit of a turn off, and I'd like to be able to pick anything for both the shaft and the vamp/upper.

My main issue is that I can't really wear my shell hunter boots 74945 in 10UK due to high instep - it works, but it's overlapping in a way I don't find attractive, and that's after adding a leather piece to the tongue - and was wondering if this lowers the instep.

I feel like modifying the instep on a pair so it becomes ~9.5-ish would be realistic. The instep on my 74945 jodhpurs are almost too low, while the double monk chukkas are also tight, but stretched... The hunter boots, like I said, in .5 larger, have my feet swimming in them.

I'll probably have to swing by Skoaktiebolaget tomorrow to try some lasts on.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should have said shaft; I'm really not thinking stuff through occasionally.

I meant in the way you need to have the shaft in a soft material to be able to button button boots - a thick and stiff shaft won't button. The amount of texture in the uppers are quite a bit of a turn off, and I'd like to be able to pick anything for both the shaft and the vamp/upper.

My main issue is that I can't really wear my shell hunter boots 74945 in 10UK due to high instep - it works, but it's overlapping in a way I don't find attractive, and that's after adding a leather piece to the tongue - and was wondering if this lowers the instep.

I feel like modifying the instep on a pair so it becomes ~9.5-ish would be realistic. The instep on my 74945 jodhpurs are almost too low, while the double monk chukkas are also tight, but stretched... The hunter boots, like I said, in .5 larger, have my feet swimming in them.

I'll probably have to swing by Skoaktiebolaget tomorrow to try some lasts on.
I see, the shaft is soft but I don't think it has to be soft, buckles should be easier to manage than buttons, but I have no experience with button boots.

I think I made a mistake in ordering this without having any experience with EB's lasts. My instep is quite low, and EB is known as high instep.

This model, in particular, has a line in the middle of the front shaft, my other photos may show better (at work, feel free to browse my Ins), imagine that if your instep doesn't sit properly, that line will not sit properly and that would look bad.

I used quite some pads in the boots to adjust the fit......

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads