• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dangerous

Reaction score
Are the trees branded as Enzo Bonafe? The picture seems to suggest it is an in house brand.

I think Enzo Bonafé only does lasted shoe trees on the last 946 - at least that's the only style Skoaktiebolaget stocks, and it is weird if there were more styles. I asked when I did an MTO and IDK if it was Skoaktiebolaget or Massimo that said they don't do lasted trees in other lasts - I bought a 173 and 375 pair though. I imagine 74945 is more common.

Fliegerguy

Reaction score
I think Enzo Bonafé only does lasted shoe trees on the last 946 - at least that's the only style Skoaktiebolaget stocks, and it is weird if there were more styles. I asked when I did an MTO and IDK if it was Skoaktiebolaget or Massimo that said they don't do lasted trees in other lasts - I bought a 173 and 375 pair though. I imagine 74945 is more common.

The 363mod is also available as a lasted shoe tree from Enzo Bonafe, just not via skoab.

cattitude

Reaction score
Hello,

A hand welted loafer on the 74945 last, model 645 - so we need one more. Please see the attached image for reference. The makeup will be in etrusco calf leather. Leather sole with topy, with edge trim to match the style in the below photo.

Enzo Bonafè Color 8 Cordovan Loafer

Last edited by a moderator:

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have EB lasted trees on 74945 last but that was through a gmto.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

We have 3 participants in a GMTO for a hand welted loafer on the 74945 last, model 645 - so we need one more. Please see the attached image for reference. The makeup will be in etrusco calf leather. Leather sole with topy, with edge trim to match the style in the below photo. If interested, let me know and I will add you to the chat.

I'd be definitely interested, only are you guy open to other leather options such as betis brown, museam, and or tarnsjo?

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be definitely interested, only are you guy open to other leather options such as betis brown, museam, and or tarnsjo?

Think this one is an Etrusco focused GMTO. Assuming it turns out great then I have a lot of future interest in other leathers.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Hello,

We have 3 participants in a GMTO for a hand welted loafer on the 74945 last, model 645 - so we need one more. Please see the attached image for reference. The makeup will be in etrusco calf leather. Leather sole with topy, with edge trim to match the style in the below photo. If interested, let me know and I will add you to the chat.

Which retailer will take care of the GMTO order?

otacon

Reaction score
I recently ordered (on something of an impulse) some Chelseas in the 773 last on sale at Mehra and it occurred to me that I'm not sure which trees would fit them best, as they don't have lasted ones.

What do you guys use?

It looks like there are lasted models for 946, 363 Mod, 062, 804, and 74945 (which I'm guessing is closest). The first two are on Mehra, the last three on Seamless. But I'm half-thinking, if I can't get lasted trees, something generic would probably work just as fine.

Side note: I ordered my regular UK size and subsequently found that it's a narrow fit. Should I be concerned? I've seen some people mention that half a size up works better for them in 773, but no real indications that the regular size was unwearable.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can any owners of EG 82 last and EB 804 last show pictures side by side? I get the feeling they are quite similar.

bsarosi

Reaction score
Can any owners of EG 82 last and EB 804 last show pictures side by side? I get the feeling they are quite similar.

Don't have a photo on hand, but I concur that they have a similar almond toe shape. I will note that I go a full size down from EG 82 to EB 804.

EG:
1594670629936.png

EB:
1594670644866.png

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have several pairs on each last so I feel qualified to respond. They are similar but there are some differences. For example, I think the 804 is not as asymmetric as 82 last. Obviously the instep is higher on the 804. It's a nice last though. I take a half size down from my 82 last size.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have several pairs on each last so I feel qualified to respond. They are similar but there are some differences. For example, I think the 804 is not as asymmetric as 82 last. Obviously the instep is higher on the 804. It's a nice last though. I take a half size down from my 82 last size.
would you mind to take side by side pics?

dangerous

Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt, I am letting go a pair of Monk boots in UK8, 74945 last, please check below for more details.

How do you find the instep on these?

I've heard a lot of people mentioning that the monk boots and stuff is really weird with ridiculously low insteps compared to the rest of their stuff. My monk chukkas have that issue - I' not even close to closing the last hole on the strap, but I had to take my boots, on the same last, to the cobbler to add a tongue pad, alongside considering an half-insole for the heel, to fit that instep...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads