• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All I would like to initiate an EB MTO by way of Skoaktiebloaget for mod 3200 in vitello Giamaica adelaide pictured below, possibly with a peccary facing if so decided by the participants.

Specs:
- Model: 3200
- Last: 946 (or to 2102B)
- Uppers: Vitello Giamaica/bergeronette/bolet
- Facing: Peccary (upcharge of SEK200)
- Single leather sole with two tone donkey back waist.

Quoted cost for GMTO is SEK4320 or SEk4520 with peccary facing.

We currently have 2 in this GMTO.
@watchidiot
@wooksb

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All I would like to initiate an EB MTO by way of Skoaktiebloaget for mod 3200 in vitello Giamaica adelaide pictured below, possibly with a peccary facing if so decided by the participants.

Specs:
- Model: 3200
- Last: 946 (or to 2102B)
- Uppers: Vitello Giamaica/bergeronette/bolet
- Facing: Peccary (upcharge of SEK200)
- Single leather sole with two tone donkey back waist.

Quoted cost for GMTO is SEK4320 or SEk4520 with peccary facing.

We currently have 2 in this GMTO.
@watchidiot
@wooksb
that sounds like a great make-up. Shame that i am a different last.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The price you quoted for your shoes, dose that include shipping & custom included for US?
That's the price quoted by Gabriel from Skoak but I do believe that just includes purely the cost of the shoes. I can drop a line to Skoak on Monday to find out the cost for US customers if you are interested. If we get to 3 the price shouldn't be any different than any of the EB shoes in the US website with a small upcharge for the peccary facing.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's the price quoted by Gabriel from Skoak but I do believe that just includes purely the cost of the shoes. I can drop a line to Skoak on Monday to find out the cost for US customers if you are interested. If we get to 3 the price shouldn't be any different than any of the EB shoes in the US website with a small upcharge for the peccary facing.

I was curious to know the total price that included shipping & customs for US. Plus I am still waiting on my button boots to 100% figure out my size. I just bought one pair for EB & getting different size. So have to figure it out. But thank you :D

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What last would work for you?

Sorry it is a special last for my feet so I don't think I can be a part of GMTOs for EB unless we hear anything saying otherwise from Skoak. But it is a great idea that you guys have.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have an in the wild picture of:
http://us.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-peccary-oxford

Debating if I want a pair. 

Also I'm sure answered a million times (but won't have time to search the thread for a few days)

How does the width of 804 compare to Carmina?

I had the opportunity to try the last at SkoAB's store last week.

Me
UK7,5 (Carmina - Rain, Forest)
UK8 (Carmina - Simpson)
UK7,5 (Enzo Bonafè - 946)
UK7 (Enzo Bonafè - 804)

I was a little surprised over the 1/2 size down from Rain/946 to 804, but the fit was excellent. I feel that both Bonafè lasts are wider than the Rain last, not sure about other people's experiences.

Last edited:

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to try the last at SkoAB's store last week.

Me
UK7,5 (Carmina - Rain, Forest)
UK8 (Carmina - Simpson)
UK7,5 (Enzo Bonafè - 946)
UK7 (Enzo Bonafè - 804)

I was a little surprised over the 1/2 size down from Rain/946 to 804, but the fit was excellent. I feel that both Bonafè lasts are wider than the Rain last, not sure about other people's experiences.

Thanks for sharing. Can you comment on how the heel/ankle fits? Is the width narrower or the same through that area? And how about the heel to ball length, how does that compare from the 7 in the 804 to the 7.5 in the Rain?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for sharing.  Can you comment on how the heel/ankle fits? Is the width narrower or the same through that area?  And how about the heel to ball length, how does that compare from the 7 in the 804 to the 7.5 in the Rain?

I'm no expert, so I'll let others chime in on the technicalities, but from my experience with Rain/946/804 I'd say the EB lasts definitely fit snuger around the heel/ankle compared to Rain. The 946 last sits higher around the ankle as well. The 804 is longer overall compared to 946 in the same size. I didn't measure them with 1/2 differential and I don't have the 804 last at hand. As for 946 compared to Rain in the same size, the latter is 1/8" longer. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm no expert, so I'll let others shime in on the technicalities, but from my experience with Rain/946/804 I'd say the EB lasts definitely fit snuger around the heel/ankle compared to Rain. The 946 last sits higher around the ankle as well. The 804 is longer overall compared to 946 in the same size. I didn't measure them with 1/2 differential and I don't have the 804 last at hand. As for 946 compared to Rain in the same size, the latter is 1/8" longer. Hope that helps.

So you are recommending going half size down from your rain size on 804 last? On lace up boots & shoes? Or sticking to same exact size as rain?

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So you are recommending going half size down from your rain size on 804 last? On lace up boots & shoes? Or sticking to sa,e exact size as rain?

From my experience, I'd recommend sizing down 1/2 a size for oxfords. The 804 last is considerably longer than the 946 last in the same size. The difference is smaller between 804 and Rain, but it's still there. But then again, I believe the majority of people don't size down. So again, to be clear, this was my experience. I've been visiting SkoAB for the last couple of months hoping they'd have size UK7,5 on the 804 so I could test it/confirm that I'm a size UK7,5 since, well, everything else was pointing towards that direction. But when I was there last week and they didn't have any UK7,5 in stock I said to myself what the hell, why not try size UK7. And obviously, that was the right size for me.

The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago when I was at Shoegazing's trunk show with Vass amongst others. I was sure I would be size 41,5 on the new SP last since my U last size is 41,5. Turned out I was a size 41 on the new last. Go figure.

Last edited:

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From my experience, I'd recommend sizing down 1/2 a size for oxfords. The 804 last is considerably longer than the 946 last in the same size. The difference is smaller between 804 and Rain, but it's still there. But then again, I believe the majority of people don't size down. So again, to be clear, this was my experience. I've been visiting SkoAB for the last couple of months hoping they'd have size UK7,5 on the 804 so I could test it/confirm that I'm a size UK7,5 since, well, everything else was pointing towards that direction. But when I was there last week and they didn't have any UK7,5 in stock I said to myself what the hell, why not try size UK7. And obviously, that was the right size for me.

The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago when I was at Shoegazing's trunk show with Vass amongst others. I was sure I would be size 41,5 on the new SP last since my U last size is 41,5. Turned out I was a size 41 on the new last. Go figure.

Thank you for your input on 946 last I am 8.5 uk on suede Chelsea I can take 8UK I will try my luck with 804 last boots on 8UK

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads