Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Chris "Italia", Nov 4, 2007.

1. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I would ask @Leaves because Skoaktiebolaget can get either EB trees or their own wooden trees that supposedly fit EB shoes very well due to the high instep.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015

2. ecwy

ecwy Senior member

Part 1: https://translate.google.com/transl...el/20150409/manolo-x-skoaktiebolaget-20-del-i

Part 2: https://translate.google.com/transl...nolo-x-skoaktiebolaget-20-del-ii-produktionen

Part 3: https://translate.google.com/transl...anolo-x-skoaktiebolaget-20-del-iii-resultatet

3. mw313

mw313 Senior member

4. KWissen

KWissen New Member

5. Stefan88

Stefan88 Senior member

Interesting. What's the name of the business, and with official retailer, I expect you just mean a normal retailer, right?

6. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I would love to hear that information as well. If that happens, maybe Enzo will come out to the US and do some measurements for custom lasts!!!!!!!!

7. bespoken4me

bespoken4me Senior member

Great hopes for him but that road has been travelled in a rather unspectacular way by The Shoe Mart with Carmina. The entire sales/marketing model has been upended with GMTO and individual MTO and with boutiques like Epaulet and Leffot, having an "exclusive" really means nothing. Only if Bonafe adhered strictly to this and prohibited sales through Skoatiebolaget and other Euro sites (would never happen) would it stand a chance, and your friend better have really deep pockets as the only remaining thread connecting brick and mortar to the current modems, is inventory. This is a road already quite well traveled, and no longer successfully. Lastly, don't forget the allure and popularity of Bonafe. It is a small operation, lacking the economy of scale enjoyed by AE, Alden or C&J to supply US
    retailers. Therein lies the ultimate charm and allure of Bonafe. Hand lasted, incredibly well positioned price point products, of the highest mark- rather inapposite to the concept of an exclusive US retailer, especially one without a full service mens store.
    You could never stock nor more importantly, restock in sizes and widths Amercans have come to expect much less demand unless you are really well funded.
    Sorry, I don't see it. I own a pair and have one presently "commissioned" ( I really hate the snobbish sound of that which is all the rage here on SF. I'm not a patron in manner of DiMedici's, nor is Enzo my DaVinci)
    Oh, and lets not forget the currently heady US $ market. Everything previously unknown/unattainable to the fickle, fashion forward SF crowd is now but a click away. God was that a bummer to write (and read I'm sure, sorry)

8. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I know what you mean but I just hope that means that Enzo will stop by my area so I can be measured near home for a custom last!

9. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

EB burgundy and brown button boots through Leffot....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. mw313

mw313 Senior member

wait..... You bought all three types?

11. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

:embar:

12. mw313

mw313 Senior member

come on!

13. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

Lol... I bought the black/gray pair from Skaok last Spring, and the Leffot had the the bourbon/tan ones last Fall in my size, and recently i noticed they restocked the burgundy/brown so I figured why not?

14. mw313

mw313 Senior member

well you got three great pairs of boots! What shoe trees do you use for them all?

15. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

I use the JAB trees, they work well and when they have their 60% off sales, can't beat the price.