• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IGotId

Reaction score
I'm looking for some sizing advice. I'm going to order a blucher & a balmoral, both on the EB 946 last.

My feet are slightly wide in the forefeet & my arch is a bit lower then normal.

In Alden I wear a 9.5D Barrie and a 9.5E Aberdeen in shoes (although for some reason my 9.5D Alden shells fit a bit tighter than my 9.5D CXLs), I wear a 10D in a suede Barrie Boot which fits a bit "comfortably loose". My RL Marlow is 10D (a bit snug in the forefoot). My CJ Islays are 9E (for some reason snug in the vamp area when worn with thick socks). I have a pair of MTO AE Eagle Countys which are 10E/10.5E (AE's 222 last), my left foot is slightly longer than my right.

Sorry for the lengthy post, I want to make sure I get the fit right!

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Placed my order for a Bonafe 3 eyelet chukka in Bolet calf on the 773 last. Here's the inspiration for the colour - same as the lower of this boot on Skoaktiebolaget's website.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-austerity-boot

Here's the inspiration for the style: the G&G Arran

And here is a picture of the last - courtesy of Leffot's website.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Placed my order for a Bonafe 3 eyelet chukka in Bolet calf on the 773 last. Here's the inspiration for the colour - same as the lower of this boot on Skoaktiebolaget's website.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-austerity-boot

Here's the inspiration for the style: the G&G Arran

And here is a picture of the last - courtesy of Leffot's website.

How did you workout sizing on the 773 last?

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just took the same as my 946 size of which I have 2 pairs already.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How did you size the 946 relative to US? I wear 10.5 3E in AE and Alden Barrie and took an educated guess by going 10 H for a Bonafe MTO. But a mite nervous about it...

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a pretty solid 10 1/2D US. Maybe a touch narrower then a true D. I just went with a 9.5UK. 1 size down from my American size.

It's always a bit if a gamble doing a MTO on an unfamiliar last. A chukka boot has the higher lacing, so I'm not really concerned if it is a touch longer than the 946.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you size the 946 relative to US? I wear 10.5 3E in AE and Alden Barrie and took an educated guess by going 10 H for a Bonafe MTO. But a mite nervous about it...

Pepper,

I am with you.
uhoh.gif

I am a solid 10E Barrie and I went for the 946 in a UK 9.5 G fitting. I have such a thick right foot (10EE) that I figured that would be the best.

Gabriel helped greatly with sizing.

The last thing I want to do is drop a G on boots that do not fit properly.....
baldy[1].gif

We shall see they outcome in several months....

It does seem that the Europeans do not make wide widths well. For some reason though I feel Enzo B may be different.....

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good to know thank you. I ordered my button boots on the 946 last. Might do 773 in the future.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
946 is a nice last. I actually have another 946 on order as well.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pepper,

I am with you.  :uhoh:

I am a solid 10E Barrie and I went for the 946 in a UK 9.5 G fitting.  I have such a thick right foot (10EE) that I figured that would be the best.

Gabriel helped greatly with sizing.

The last thing I want to do is drop a G on boots that do not fit properly.....
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

We shall see they outcome in several months....

It does seem that the Europeans do not make wide widths well.   For some reason though I feel Enzo B may be different.....

Yeah, I wonder what Europeans with wide feet do for fine footwear? At least the English have Loake, and we have AE and (to a lesser extent) Alden...

We shall see. All I know is the chance to get this boot in plum museum calf for less than 550 I couldnt pass up:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I wonder what Europeans with wide feet do for fine footwear? At least the English have Loake, and we have AE and (to a lesser extent) Alden...

We shall see. All I know is the chance to get this boot in plum museum calf for less than 550 I couldnt pass up:

You will not regret it. I have one just like on the picture. Be ready fora lengthy break in period around the ankle area.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You will not regret it. I have one just like on the picture. Be ready fora lengthy break in period around the ankle area.

Could I trouble you for a picture in the wild with some wear? :D

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Could I trouble you for a picture in the wild with some wear? :D

It's is in my signature for sale. Unfortunately the sizing did not work out for me so I worn them only a few times and determined that they were too tight. It turns out that I need wide width on 946 last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads