• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

bsarosi

Reaction score
Can any owners of EG 82 last and EB 804 last show pictures side by side? I get the feeling they are quite similar.
Don't have a photo on hand, but I concur that they have a similar almond toe shape. I will note that I go a full size down from EG 82 to EB 804.

EG:
1594670629936.png

EB:
1594670644866.png

CLTesquire

Reaction score
Can any owners of EG 82 last and EB 804 last show pictures side by side? I get the feeling they are quite similar.
I have several pairs on each last so I feel qualified to respond. They are similar but there are some differences. For example, I think the 804 is not as asymmetric as 82 last. Obviously the instep is higher on the 804. It's a nice last though. I take a half size down from my 82 last size.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have several pairs on each last so I feel qualified to respond. They are similar but there are some differences. For example, I think the 804 is not as asymmetric as 82 last. Obviously the instep is higher on the 804. It's a nice last though. I take a half size down from my 82 last size.
would you mind to take side by side pics?

dangerous

Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt, I am letting go a pair of Monk boots in UK8, 74945 last, please check below for more details.

How do you find the instep on these?

I've heard a lot of people mentioning that the monk boots and stuff is really weird with ridiculously low insteps compared to the rest of their stuff. My monk chukkas have that issue - I' not even close to closing the last hole on the strap, but I had to take my boots, on the same last, to the cobbler to add a tongue pad, alongside considering an half-insole for the heel, to fit that instep...

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you find the instep on these?

I've heard a lot of people mentioning that the monk boots and stuff is really weird with ridiculously low insteps compared to the rest of their stuff. My monk chukkas have that issue - I' not even close to closing the last hole on the strap, but I had to take my boots, on the same last, to the cobbler to add a tongue pad, alongside considering an half-insole for the heel, to fit that instep...
I dont think so. I have a "ridiculously low instep".

I have have 2 pairs of EB but I don't think so, the other pair I have is a jumper boots in 363MOD, I think the instep is similar and jumper boots actually allows me to adjust the instep more (i.e. fully lace up), but the monk boots, even I used additional insole + tongue pad, the instep is still high.

LPMIII

Reaction score
No, they do not appear to be EB branded from the looks of them. Might be worth sending a message to find out how they’re made to see how close they are to the last.
I asked and was more or less told that because the relationship between Seamless and EB, EB entrusted Seamless with the lasts needed to make lasted shoe trees at Seamless' factory.

andreasky

Reaction score
I saw models of EB shoes in pingrain, alpine, and willow leather. How do they compare in terms of creases and against rain? Are they for winter or all seasons? Thanks

dangerous

Reaction score
What's the model number for the chukkas?

Nice collection. How do you like the betis?

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the model number for the chukkas?

Nice collection. How do you like the betis?
Thx. Enzo Bonafé 3403 in Oak Tärnsjö on the 74945 last.

I like the betis leather it behaves like crust and you can dictate burnish the color the way you want. Its has a nice depth color and looks a bit like shell.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m letting go of my unglazed natural shell Balways in a UK7 from the recent GMTO if anyone is interested. They have never been worn.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.