• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 6: Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a $500 gift certificate Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

frighter3

Reaction score
Well, it seems u are correct, they have just send reject to offer this model in GMTO for shell cordovan recently, so we could hv calf choice now.....
In this case, I wonder if u guys still interested in seamless wholecut of calf?

rdsr

Reaction score
Depending on the color I am still interested in a seamless wholecut in calf, would be fine with navy/blue or burgundy/red/oxblood, an off black-ish color might also be fine.
Can't do Norwegian stitching however.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In this case, I wonder if u guys still interested in seamless wholecut of calf?
Still interested, depending on color...Norwegian stitching will be a nonstarter for me though, which sounded like the majority's preference previously. So I suppose mark me as tentative on it.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might have missed something. What's EG? Norwegian stitching is a definite no for me, but fine with the HAF sole, and open to preferences on lasts.

styc

Reaction score
@masterphotog I love green shoes too but find it extremely difficult to pair with office wear from Monday to Friday. I only have experience with the Carmina Loden Green Shell Cordovan Wingtip on Rain last. Besides office wear, i also find it difficult to paired with Khakis as i find the contrast too severe. So far i find it works well only with denim or perhaps corduroy. What would you wear your green shell chukkas with?

masterphotog

Reaction score
Pairing these with denim is the best choice, simply because the green chukkas are excellent for a casual outing. They're also surprisingly nice with darker, heavy wool slacks - great time of year for that here in the Midwest!

masterphotog

Reaction score
@masterphotog I love green shoes too but find it extremely difficult to pair with office wear from Monday to Friday.

Agreed, office wear is minimized, these are broke out on the weekends and after work. A well lit coffee shop or tavern is a great place to get many glances, they definitely break the ice and command respect due to their "out of the box" presence.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 258 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%
  • 31 - 40