• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

djdanniedee

Reaction score
I believe Skoak had developed the faux reverse stitch with EB and it's exclusive to them. At least that's what i remember @Leaves said in a post.

Any way to obtain reverse stitch NST Bluchers besides Skoaktiebolaget? They’re sold out in my size and am trying to avoid MTO fees.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be open to it in calf. Do you have any images of the proposed model/leather in question?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pic from Skoak in what I assume is standard calf.
Anybody please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe the "black" calf that EB offers is the standard, non-museum Weinheimer. I don't believe they have a black, museum offering. For what it's worth, I'd actually prefer non-museum calf.
As well, who's running the GMTO? I believe (again, could be mistaken) the 771 is the true/seamless wholecut, and that cost seems a notch lower than what I've seen prior...

frighter3

Reaction score
Anybody please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe the "black" calf that EB offers is the standard, non-museum Weinheimer. I don't believe they have a black, museum offering. For what it's worth, I'd actually prefer non-museum calf.
As well, who's running the GMTO? I believe (again, could be mistaken) the 771 is the true/seamless wholecut, and that cost seems a notch lower than what I've seen prior...
Yup, it is seamless. And the price is provide by skoat for Gmto recently.

Colour could be changed

rdsr

Reaction score
I might be interested in the GMTO for a seamless black cordovan. Depending on the color calf might be fine too.
8.5 on their 062 last seems to work for me, 946 felt a little in between 8 - 8.5, didn't get the chance to dial in the sizing completely.
Only thing of concern is how thick is their double sole?

frighter3

Reaction score
I might be interested in the GMTO for a seamless black cordovan. Depending on the color calf might be fine too.
8.5 on their 062 last seems to work for me, 946 felt a little in between 8 - 8.5, didn't get the chance to dial in the sizing completely.
Only thing of concern is how thick is their double sole?
Hi, thx for your interest, thickness for double sole usually 8 - 12mm.

Could change to rubber insole if needed

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.