• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Perfectcircles

Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you. Are there any links of what unglazed natural cordovan looks like?
You should pop into the EB gmto thread to register your interest.

Two makeups with a choice of dainite or commando sole each.

One on 74945 last and 270 flat welt. The other on 363mod and 360 flat welt. Both with unglazed natural shell for the uppers and hatch grain shell for the shaft.

Attachments

meister

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jayvee

Reaction score
Nice boots and snap on the gloves! I have those and I am slightly annoyed by the big gap in the middle of the palm.

dangerous

Reaction score
Nice boots and snap on the gloves! I have those and I am slightly annoyed by the big gap in the middle of the palm.
I didn't even realise that I included the gloves! Yeah, that's one problem I have with them. The rabbit fur is absolutely amazing though.

Nice! Are those suede? If so, what color? Thank you.
Thanks. No, they're not suede but they feel quite like suede. The leather is called "Grand canyon orange" and is, according to my cobbler, a nearly untreated calf hide that's dyed. This is a close-up from Skoaktiebolagets studio photos:

George Red

Reaction score
I didn't even realise that I included the gloves! Yeah, that's one problem I have with them. The rabbit fur is absolutely amazing though.

Thanks. No, they're not suede but they feel quite like suede. The leather is called "Grand canyon orange" and is, according to my cobbler, a nearly untreated calf hide that's dyed. This is a close-up from Skoaktiebolagets studio photos:

BAD ASS.

Mallaig

Reaction score
A few months ago i was talking with @SoleGarb about my experience with various shoe brands and how to get a better fit. I’ve spent a ton on shoes that don’t quite fit me and therefore don’t get worn. Lorenzo explained the trade offs of tweaking an existing last vs creating a custom last. I had a ‘life’s too short’ moment and signed up for a custom-made last.

The trial shoes just arrived and I am really excited. The fit is already pretty good. I’d probably live with this if I was buying RTW. But instead I get to really think about the fit: the instep, the heel fit, the room for my toes, ...

Here are some picture of the trial pair.

E8FC424F-5BC8-464D-9BD3-C357E85DE8D3.jpeg
124B696D-5F01-4239-98E2-04F133409BB9.jpeg
9EC72F02-02DE-408E-9178-A6FE9F3E890E.jpeg
6D5A7FBC-BE13-4AD5-94EB-EE9D0ED7CEA1.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.