• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

styc

Reaction score
Oooo. This pair i have never tried though so i am vindicated. Btw, Lusso Tailors were their name before they changed it to Seamless Bespoke (about 2 years ago) so Enzo did make for the same shop. As this is from Lusso days, it is definitely an older pair which was probably why it was put on sale. Hope you got it at a good discount.

On to the creasing. I think aside from it being tried on the larger reason is the actual leather used for the construction of the shoe. Leather is funny.... and I still haven't grasped why the best and highest grades of leather (which i assume and expect that Enzo uses) can still crease in a not so flattering manner. Same holds true for other legendary makers. I suppose leather being leather (a natural material) has many factors that could cause some to be better than others. Which is why i now make it a point to buy shoes only in person now. There is too much risk in buying online and i have learnt my lesson many times from getting burnt purchasing shoes via the net, either the fit is not right or the style is just a little off etc.

For comparison and as an example, i have a new pair of Aurum Meccariello black cap toes and the vamp is creasing like crazy after just two wears, much more so than a pair of Trickers that i bought for about a quarter the price and have worn more than 100 times. My two cents is to buy from brick and mortar and see the item before committing in the future. It will save you the headache.

Below some picts of super old rainy day "beat up" Trickers captoes vs my brand new captoe Meccariellos for reference.

Attachments

styc

Reaction score
I also remember reading this from Shoe Snob a long long time ago. Managed to find the link. Hopefully his perspective helps ease your buyer's remorse.

deez shoes

Reaction score
Sure. Unfortunately (?), I already cleaned and polished them, so the pictures are of the vastly improved pair. I still think they are not acceptable. Also, I apologize for the lack of natural light. It is 12 AM.

First is the worse-off shoe. The first picture shows that it comes from 'Lusso Clothiers', which surprises me, as I would have thought the shoes would be made for Seamless Bespoke. The other pictures are of the vamp and sides. Third picture shows discoloration on the vamp. Last picture shows the substantial creasing from multiple try-ons. The quarters and counter are mostly okay on both shoes.

The other shoe faired a good bit better, except for the sole for some reason. Second image shows minor discoloration at intersection of vamp and bottom eyelets.
Oh man, I saw this pair on their website and avoided them because the pictures they used looked off... almost out of proportion. I wonder if that's the same pair they used for the pics.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s a convenience fee for people less engaged in shoes probably
You’re likely not wrong, but, man, that’s nearly 3x the cost of RTW and 2x a one off MTO.
I suppose if you’ve got enough money, another $700 or so doesn’t really matter, but it would kill me knowing the briefest of google searches could save me that much.

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Emails to Solegarb's address are getting bounced back undeliverable, is there another way to contact Lorenzo?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.