1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Chris "Italia", Nov 4, 2007.

1. Hermitize

Hermitize Well-Known Member

Peppercorn,

Walking nearly the same trek at the moment also in chelseas. My Friday night burnhams though. Pinky toe intact ;)

2. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

:cheers:

I think my feet are a little swollen lately TBH. Too much consumption of libation recently. Everything's fitting a bit too snug, including trews. :(

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  3. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

Hi Everyone,

My shark side zip GMTO is ready to set sail. Final details are:

Brown:

Black:

Lorenzo also sent me some extra shots of the shark so you can get some ideas about the grain. See here:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/qk7k1

The boots will look similar to this grey suede makeup makeup here, except there will be no swoopy seams on the front. Ours will also be Chelsea height instead of having a higher shaft. Lorenzo and Bonafé are pretty sure they can do it without a heel counter (especially in Chelsea height), so ideally it will only have a small seam underneath the zipper -- however they will not know for sure until they do a trail pair. But they want to have a committed group before doing the trial pair. So assume that the boot will have a heel counter, however if it is possible to do it without one (which they think it is), we'll get it without a heel counter for no upcharge. Cost will be $885 ($660 for boots + $225 for shark).

We're limited to 10 pairs in either color, so the first to send me a message either here or on reddit ( https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwe...l_details_and_committening_enzo_bonafe_shark/ ) will be in.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  4. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

2 slots of brown and 5 slots of black left on the nubuck shark side zip makeups - get in while the gettin's good!

5. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

Fantastic boots!!

6. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

@peppercorn78 - don't walk 4 miles in brand new shoes, bro. Those are beauties, though.

@ThunderMarch those blue boots are bloody terrific.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  7. peppercorn78

Yeah I know. I thought these were well enough broken in, though, 4 days of around the house wear, plus another 6 wears out of the house on hard concrete.

I think my feet are just swollen lately.

8. yanagi

yanagi Senior member

Just paid my Zug Balway GMTO balance.

9. grovester

grovester Active Member

Just saw this in my email not too long ago. I am so excited for these shoes. Just so happens that Chicago is snowing again which is perfect. I wonder how long it will take to ship from California to here.

10. mockingboy

mockingboy Senior member

Ya I got noticed by Lorenzo they were supposed to arrive today (zugs) but I didn't receive them

11. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

I'm kind of lost as to what it going on with the zug boots. I received an email asking if I wanted shoe trees but nothing about the boots being ready to ship or needing to pay the remaining invoice, etc.

12. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Just a guess... but do you think he asked if you wanted trees, so he could send you 1 invoice with the proper total? I'm sure you'll get it soon.

13. mockingboy

mockingboy Senior member

The whole experience was less than ideal; They were supposed to come December/January; I feel like Ive seen other EB GMTOs start after ours and get shipped before ours.

I paid 100% upfront so no payment needed from me; according to Lorenzo they were delivered yesterday but still haven't gotten them

14. grovester

grovester Active Member

According to the UPS tracking notification I received they are shipping ground so it will take a full week to get from California, Solegarb, to Chicago where I am. Also as of this morning, while I received notification of the tracking number through UPS, they still haven't shipped yet.

This is the first time I worked with Solegarb and while people rave about working with Lorenzo, I wasn't that impressed. I am afraid these boots will be too large for me but we shall see.

15. mockingboy

mockingboy Senior member

I am afraid mine will be too small; got a UK 9 but think I may have needed a 9.5

16. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

What last did you gents go for?

17. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

They are on the 804 last.

18. yanagi

yanagi Senior member

I went with 804.

Re: delays, of course like everyone else I would've liked to have received them earlier. Winter this year has been very sinusoidal, with snow one week and 40 degree days the next week. But overall, I wouldn't say I had a negative experience with Lorenzo.

19. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

That was my guess as well. I replied that I didn't want trees and then asked if the boots were there and if I should pay the rest of the invoice...and then didn't get a response.

It has been a less than ideal transaction. By the time I receive the boots I'll get to put them on the shelf for next fall. Oh well.

20. peppercorn78

I predict that once you receive the footwear, all will be well! :)

1 person likes this.