1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Chris "Italia", Nov 4, 2007.

1. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior member

EB owners,
    Which last is closest in overall fit to Carmina's Rain last, with a slightly more generous instep? I'd like to MTO a button boot on something sharper than 363MOD but with adequate toe width. Weighing 804 and 74945 right now I think.. Thanks!

2. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

I find the 804 to fit rather roomy compared to the rain last, in the same sizing.

I can wear rain in 9.5UK but a 9.5 in the 804 felt like the Titanic on my feet. I actually went a half size down for the 804 to a 9UK and it fits perfectly. A 9UK in the rain last kills my toes

3. Emospence

Emospence Well-Known Member

Agreed with 804 being roomier than Rain but I wear the same size in both.

4. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

How would you guys say the 804 compares to the 363MOD? I was told the 363MOD is roomier than Rain, but I bought it in the same size and it definitely feels tighter all around.

5. retrofalcon

retrofalcon Member

Hey Everyone,

There is a Galway GMTO attempt going on on Reddit right now. We got a few makeups but the Grizzly leather currently has the most traction.

Here is the quick and dirty:

• Upper: Grizzly Bear, burnished and cap toe
    • Shaft: Tobacco Suede
    • Last: 363MOD or 74945
    • Edging: Antique
    • Sole: Commando (+$32)
    • Eyelets: 4 + 4
    • Lining: Bordeaux Goat
    • Welt: Handstitched (maybe stormwelt?)

We have two options of Grizzly leathers with different textures:
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of the Grizzly leather with a few suede options recommended by Lorenzo, the Tobacco is on the far right.
    [​IMG]

If anyone is interested in joining here is the reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/5gp6wy/enzo_bonafe_galway_gmto_voting/

Or feel free to post / message on here. We're currently at two committed and an interested so we may only need one more.

6. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Surprised there isn't more GMTO proposals up here.... Solegarb is offering 10% off for the Month of DEC GMTO's.

Also before anyone asks, it isn't real grizzly bear, its a textured cow hide. Not sure which part.
    The hippo leather is unreal, love it for a Jodhpur strap.

Good luck with your GMTO. And thank you for bringing this last to light for me! I emailed Lorenzo for more info on this BUT.....

Narrower footed/low instep friends, we may have an EB option (aside from last modification, or 946E). Waist looks fairly snug. Handsome chisel.

THE 773 LAST
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  7. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

Is there a hippo gmto going on as well?

8. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

Given the lead times on EB MTO's these days, if anyone would like to join me in looking ahead to the spring and talk about a lighter brown wingtip GMTO I would be game.

I was thinking something in Bolet or Bergonnette like these Model 1968's below:

[​IMG]

9. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

No but it was being kicked around as a shaft material on a boot, or strap material as a Jodhpur. Nothing finalized and not sure if it will even materialize. It looks really awesome. 3 colours. These 2 browns and black.

[​IMG]

10. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

773 last is beautiful. I need to post post pictures of my chukka on the 773 to peak a few interests on future MTOs

11. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Please do, and describe you fit experiences!

12. retrofalcon

retrofalcon Member

I agree with you on there being a lack of GMTO's, especially with the 10% off we're hoping we can get enough. You are correct about the Grizzly leather, sorry if it came off as being actual Grizzly bear (I thought it was too when it was first mentioned).

13. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

Hey thanks...
    It's an interesting idea for sure

14. supern0va

supern0va Senior member

The darker one looks nicer imo. Is it suede/nubuck texture? I must say, I think it will look handsome as a Balway (shaft or whole boot), jodphur or a wholecut. May work well with norvegese stitching too. 773 last looks like an interesting option. Does it come in both widths E and F?

15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I proposed an 804 austerity boot in Aubergine or plum museum but go no takers. Anyone open to this???

16. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

I do not know about E & F, but Lorenzo confirmed it would be a good option for a lower instep, as would 363. Not 363MOD. Regular 363. And of course 946E being narrower/lower instep.

They call that darker brown Chocolate Hippo. Here is a shot of the black Hippo over scheifer (gray) suede.
    [​IMG]

I think the 773 would make a great Jodhpur, Chelsea boot, 3 eye derby, or wholecut.

Hopefully @MGD83 can share his pics of the chukka, and help us compare the last.

I think it would look excellent on a chukka, 3 eyelet derby, or as a jodhpur strap over suede.

He also has Shrunken Calf, not sure of colours but certainly Navy which was shown on reddit. I like this leather a lot, and like all St.C makeups I see in shrunken calf, and thought I'd share.

[​IMG]

17. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

18. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

Bonafe chukka on the 773 Last above, my MTO from last year.

19. GeoffreyB

GeoffreyB Active Member

deleted.

20. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

My sizes:

946 - 9.5UK (slightly wide, good overall length. Generous instep. I could probably go down in width comfortably but not in length)

804 - 9UK (perfect length and width for me. Generous instep. Originally I had tried a 9.5 but they felt huge on me)

773 - 9.5UK (fits narrower then the 946 and not as elongated as the 804. Snug fit with decent amount of toe room and suitable for my low instep)