• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

here are some pics of the welt strip being used (one is chained, one is the cleaner norvegese) . I saved these to my computer a long time ago so I cant remember who tehse were made for
I took these pictures in the first few weeks of work soon 3 years ago. I believe the handsewers has changed some time ago, so it doesn't look quite the same anymore, but still close. Made for Skomaker Dagestad. These two were with shearling lining.

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ thank you for clarifying, and for taking the pics three years ago!
biggrin.gif

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just another plug for my Black Hippo Wholecut Chelsea makeup here (for those interested):

Specs would be:

* 74945 last

* wholecut (no side seams) -- currently being checked on but most likely is doable

* rombe (rounded) waists

* black millerighe soles

* black 270 degree handwelt welt

* finished gussets -- currently being checked on with Enzo

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking my black peccary button boots out today for a test drive!

These are just phenomenally comfortable. Definitely going to need to get another pair (or more) of button boots down the line...

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took these pictures in the first few weeks of work soon 3 years ago.
I believe the handsewers has changed some time ago, so it doesn't look quite the same anymore, but still close.
Made for Skomaker Dagestad.

These two were with shearling lining.
So those have a Norvegese construction (out turned upper) with an L welt on outside like Goyser (upper join to welt and cut)?.

I still think they are Goyser Construction but is impossible to tell from pics.

Thanks for clarifications @stefan88

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So those have a Norvegese construction (out turned upper) with an L welt on outside like Goyser (upper join to welt and cut)?.

I still think they are Goyser Construction but is impossible to tell from pics.

Thanks for clarifications @stefan88

It's norvegese but no Goyser.

Here are two pics of the types of norvegese we have. The boots are the same type as the boots you uploaded.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys I am doing an interest check in following GMTO.

EB Chukka on 74945 last in Sahara Lama on double leather soles with vibram topy. So

This chukka model

In this color, sahara is the lightest color in the pictures.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys I am doing an interest check in following GMTO.

EB Chukka on 74945 last in Sahara Lama on double leather soles with vibram topy. So

This chukka model

In this color, sahara is the lightest color in the pictures.

Hey I just wanted to let you get some perspective on the color of Sahara after it is finished. This is my pair that is in Reh lama which is the next color darker than Sahara. I included photos in multiple type of lighting to make things easier for you to judge.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Time to put in a plug for my makeups! #10 - 74945 last black derby boot with cap toe, and norvegese welt, and #7 - black wholecut chelsea with finished gussets. Both are gonna be stellar. :)

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey I just wanted to let you get some perspective on the color of Sahara after it is finished. This is my pair that is in Reh lama which is the next color darker than Sahara. I included photos in multiple type of lighting to make things easier for you to judge.

Seriously beautiful chukkas.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^Are you sure that pic shows a 360º chained stitched Norvegese?. It seems to me more like a 270º 3 rows Goyser stitched (like Rozsnyai/Dinkelacker ) ^ Some of us ordered a boot 360º chained stitched Norvegese with 2 rows like showed above . That is what I understand by EB´s 360´s chained stiched Norvegese. Great stuff that Hippo leather, indeed. Good luck, I wish I could join you.
this is beautiful

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys I am doing an interest check in following GMTO. If you are interested in this makeup please contact me.

EB Chukka on 74945 last in Buffalo Tan Leather on double leather soles with vibram topy. So

This chukka model

The buffalo is the one in the middle.

Also we will add goyser stitching.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads