• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys RogerP and I are working on GMTO Bonafe Balmoral boot like this

It would be on Enzo Bonafe 804 last with Millerighe soles, the colors would be brown leather with brown suede upper. If you are interested in joining us let me know.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've seen these already, but I got a chance to shoot my suede chukka GMTOs and thought I'd add them in here. They are a bit light in shade for my winter wardrobe, but I will be rocking the heck out of them come spring and though the summer and fall.

Bonafe continues to impress as damnably hard to beat on the value for money scale. Not to mention an extremely accommodating GMTO program.

orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys RogerP and I are working on GMTO Bonafe Balmoral boot like this

It would be on Enzo Bonafe 804 last with Millerighe soles, the colors would be brown leather with brown suede upper. If you are interested in joining us let me know.

Just a thought: brown MC or Bolet or Melezze uppers, suede shaft (starting behind the eyelet seam), 804 last...something about the extended toe of the 804 seems right for a cap toe style. I agree the V brogue line around the shaft is what makes that Canterbury money.

Super tempting. Damn.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just a thought: brown MC or Bolet or Melezze uppers, suede shaft (starting behind the eyelet seam), 804 last...something about the extended toe of the 804 seems right for a cap toe style. I agree the V brogue line around the shaft is what makes that Canterbury money.

Super tempting. Damn.

I would not use MC from Bonafe, it is very thin,

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Super tempting. Damn.

Yield to their overwhelming awesomeness. ;-)

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Super tempting. Damn.

Haha. This makeup you're suggesting sounds terribly ... familiar.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You've seen these already, but I got a chance to shoot my suede chukka GMTOs and thought I'd add them in here.  They are a bit light in shade for my winter wardrobe, but I will be rocking the heck out of them come spring and though the summer and fall.

Bonafe continues to impress as damnably hard to beat on the value for money scale.  Not to mention an extremely accommodating GMTO program.

orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

They look great. I love that color suede with a chukka

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
I unfortunately ordered the wrong size, so if anyone is looking for a pair in 11UK or better yet wants to trade a 10.5, let me know.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I unfortunately ordered the wrong size, so if anyone is looking for a pair in 11UK or better yet wants to trade a 10.5, let me know.

wow now this is a great example to show the difference in photos from different lighting. Compare this pair with the one from the set of photos just above that were taken outside on the stairs. There is such a huge difference!

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And lighting impacts suede even more than smooth calf, IMO.

i agree. It does have a large effect on calf, but i notice much more variation on suede, which i think has to do with how the light hits the strands of leather that are sitting up on the suede. Just as how suede can look different if you slide your hand or brush over the nap in one direction or another, the light hits the nap from another angle. It would do a similar effect if you have different types of natural vs synthetic lighting on top of the angle of the nap.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i agree. It does have a large effect on calf, but i notice much more variation on suede, which i think has to do with how the light hits the strands of leather that are sitting up on the suede. Just as how suede can look different if you slide your hand or brush over the nap in one direction or another, the light hits the nap from another angle. It would do a similar effect if you have different types of natural vs synthetic lighting on top of the angle of the nap.

I'm with you completely here.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads