1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Chris "Italia", Nov 4, 2007.

1. bm93

bm93 Senior member

Certainly not a deal breaker. What is a double dainite sole exactly, a leather sole and then a dainite sole? I'm wondering how that is comfort-wise as opposed to just dainite, particularly in terms of stiffness.

2. stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003 Senior member

I like the idea of the hatch grain.

3. bsarosi

bsarosi Senior member

X-Post from SkoaB Thread

Maiden voyage for these jodhpurs. GMTO on 804 last. Thanks to @ThunderMarch for organizing!

804 in size 8 works very well...was worried after I had to size up to 8.5 on 946.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

They look great. I really want to do a Jodhpur GMTO. Torn between EB and Zonkey.

5. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Good to know, you and me are exact same size on EB and I am very sure other brands also. I also have jodhpur coming in soon. And once again congrats :D

6. bsarosi

bsarosi Senior member

Thanks! Yea, looks like we're the same in sizing for EB and Carmina.

7. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

PSA looks like Solegarb is having a 10% MTO Enzo Fee Special (vs Regular 20% MTO fee)

8. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

Folks, update on this.

Good news from SoleGarb, for the Norvegese stitching, EB can trim the welt closer to the shoe just like on their normal handwelted shoes. No gross protruding welt!!

It's now gonna look like this:

EB Balway Boot
    363MOD last
    Norvegese chain-stitched construction with closely trimmed welt (I'm thinking white/cream thread stitching for contrast)
    Sienne Hatch Grain bottom-leather
    Shaft: undecided, good with either dark brown hatch grain or dark brown inca. Sadly not enough Kudu for a GMTO
    Single Dainite Sole

9. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I am very sure we are same on eg, GG, Vass, and John lobb also.

10. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

I'm organizing a GMTO for a mahogany shell and tweed button boot through Enzo Bonafé through solegarb and am looking for interested parties. Makeup is currently:

• 804 last
    • the upper would be the pattern from the new Enzo Balway, while the shaft would be the button boot.
    • mahogany shell and Glen tweed
    • no cap toe
    • donna medallion
    • 270 degree handwelt
    • dainite soles
    • no pull tab
    • natural colored welt -- which is darker than most makers natural welt, my Enzo black shell longwings have their natural welt, see this

More details/images here on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/4j80as/interest_check_enzo_bonafe_mahogany_shell_and/

Here is an image of the glen tweed and mahogany shell pairing:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  11. stephenaf2003

I'm in for the dark brown Inca.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  12. supern0va

supern0va Senior member

Cross posting from Skoak thread.

Quite keen to do this as an MTO, but checking to see if I can lower the cost if there are other interested parties.

Style: 3966 (or 3200MOD)... deciding if I should add a medallion
    Leather: vitello bolet with burnished toe and heel
    Last: 804
    Hand welted, Bombè construction, i.e. a 270 degrees hand welting process where the sole edges near the waist of the soles are rounded on both sides
    Lining: purple goat
    (open for other colours)
    Sole edge: dark brown (or is natural better?)
    Sole: single leather, donkey back beveled sole, flushed metal toe taps
    Laces: flat, dark brown

So basically, it will be this upper and last:
    [​IMG]

With this sole (or maybe in natural colour):
    [​IMG]

Any interest? Pls shout out or PM me.

Still checking on prices and whether every shoe in the GMTO needs to get toe taps. Indicative price is 4480 SEK + 400 SEK for toe taps.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  13. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

Forgot to add this photo. Hatch grain left to right is sienna, dark brown, navy. Bottom left to right is Scozia 6127 (light-brown), scozia 6120 (mid brown), and Scozia 8177 (dark brown).

[​IMG]

For the shaft, I would do dark brown hatch, scozia 6120 (mid brown), or scozia 8177 (dark brown). Scozia and Inca are the same, but Scozia is pebble grain and Inca is a different grain pattern.

Thoughts?

14. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

UPDATE:

Re Sienna hatch grain leather: According to SoleGarb, this is the same leather that StC uses for its Russian Calf, and so the leather will lighten at the creases and where it is nicked/scratched. The sienna hatch is the only hatch that does this, the dark brown will not. Given this is supposed to be a tough weather boot, I would be open to switching to a dark brown hatch grain upper (top middle in photo) and dark brown inca/scozia grain shaft (bottom right).

Let me know what your guys' thoughts are.

15. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Balway would also look sweet with a ocean blue suede shaft and navy museum calf uppers.

Millerighe or Single Dainite would be the best sole choice, IMO.

16. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Mahogany and loden I think are the better pairing.

Anyone remember Stevent's Green/black Willow EG Galways?

Those would look beautiful done up by EB.

And I think the 173 last—used for the monkey boots—might look like the EG 202 silhouette.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  17. stephenaf2003

I agree, and concur with the changes you mentioned, (Sienna dark brown upper, Scozia dark brown shaft), so count me in. I must say though, I'm really loving that Sienna Hatch grain; thanks for posting these images.

1 person likes this.
  18. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

Great! Others? Dark brown hatch bottom and dark brown inca shaft

19. supern0va

supern0va Senior member

Quick bump on this.

Every shoe in the GMTO needs to get toe taps, so price is 4880 SEK (ex 20% VAT) for outside EU, and with VA within EU.

Including me, there are 2 interested, and 2 consideration. This can potentially be a go ahead :)

20. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

I'm finalizing a GMTO with Solegarb for a Mahogany Shell and Glen Harris Tweed button boot, and we have room for a few more in the GMTO. IMO this is going to be really stellar. Here's the final plan for the boot:
    • 804 last
    • The upper would be the pattern from the new Enzo Balway, while the shaft would be the button boot. Lorenzo will be working with Enzo Bonafé on this new pattern, and will be covering the new pattern fee for us (~$200). He will make sure it's perfect.
    • Makeup will be Mahogany shell and glen tweed. Mahogany shell for the upper, glen tweed for the shaft.
    • no cap toe
    • donna medallion
    • 270 degree handwelt
    • no pull tab
    • midbrown welt/edging
    • The sole is the major update from last time. Talking to Lorenzo, Enzo doesn't have a sole like Carmina's tomir leather sole. They can apply topys but these are thing and just glued on. However, even better they do an island style sole, see here for an unfinished one. Basically the leather sole is cut out to have the rubber in the center. This makes the boot look like a leather sole from all angles except the bottom. I would like to use this sole, as it will allow us to have the channeled donkey back sole with all those nice Enzo detailed. This can look quite nice, see these Rozsnyai's.

The timeline will be around 5-7 months, in part due to the new pattern. The full is going to run $1185, with the usual 50% up front and 50% on delivery. Per Lorenzo the cost breakdown is $735 for a button boot, $400 for the horween shell, and $50 for the harris tweed -- all pretty standard. He's paying the new pattern fee himself. If you're interested please PM me your email so I can forward it on to Lorenzo. Right now we have room for 2-3 more in the GMTO.

Last edited: May 25, 2016