• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watch out Dieg0:

HW is not GYW.
Unfortunately, Handmade Shoes means nothing nowadays for most brands (specially GYW brands).
Weston uses in some models original GYW or " a la Weston" (differs from EG/GG/Carmina....)
Yes, Vass is the only one you mention here that hand stiches the outsole.
EB is not partially HW. It is just HW.
Vass is just HW, hand lasted and hand stiched outsole.
SC is just HW (not partially), hand lasted and machine stiched outsole
There are differences between HW and GYW for several resoles.

But yes, quality is good in all those brands.

Hope to clarify possible confusion.

Hey there, I certainly cannot clarify this, but does Vass really hand stitch the outsoles?
Not to slam Vass, TBH, but I've seen some pretty crap outsole stitching on some of my Vass shoes and the SPI is deplorable as well.
But overall, they still make Ok shoes.

Last edited:

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey there, I certainly cannot clarify this, but does Vass really hand stitch the outsoles? 
Not to slam Vass, TBH, but I've seen some pretty crap outsole stitching on some of my Vass shoes and the SPI is deplorable as well.

can you go more in detail about crappie outsole stitching? would like to know.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I only have two pairs of Vass, but the sole stitching looks pretty good to me. On the other hand, I don't own any top-tier shoes like GG, EG, JL....

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on the lovely call. I vehemently dislike suede (I know, get the knives ready lol), but love the contrast look of button boots. This achieves my aesthetic perfectly.

And that color!!
worship.gif

On a side note, can anybody give me a very basic (don't want to intrude on anyone's time with my noob-ness) rundown of pros/cons of blake/blake rapid construction.

That sleekness does look quite appealing.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gonna give these boots a workout before the snow hits. the more i wear em, the more i like em. I still like the 804 over the 946 but the lama shaft was definitely the right call. Seriously debating a second pair now.
This is a great combination for a button boot! Great choice!!!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah got yea those look very nice also I am also open to plum museums & burgundy lama some thing different that I don't have. Thank you borbor

Bonafes plum finishing is awesome. I love mine!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads