• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Enzo Bonafe Black Captoe Oxford GMTO

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok guys.
This is calling out to
@watchidiot
@tifosi
@MGD83
@CLTesquire
Since you guys have expressed interest in a December run of this pair.
So I've received my pair in 804. I sized down half from my normal uk size. To 8uk.
The fit is damn near perfect. Here is a pic of it side by side with the 946 also in 8UK.
It's definitely longer. But a very very well proportioned last. The instep I think is a touch higher than the 946, and it's got a pretty generous toebox and ball tbh.
I'm good to go. If you guys are ok, I'll be sending Gabe an email so we can get the link live soon.
The rest of you guys, not to worry, there are enough interests for another run in January. I will coordinate again to make sure everyone gets their orders in.

The trick will be not just jumping right in on the December one. :) I sold my AE Park Aves because the last doesn't work well for me, so now I'm without a black cap toe for awhile... I think these will fill that void perfectly.

Last edited:

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, I have a bit of bad news.
Gabriel just got back to me.
He actually suggested that he'd open the gmto and keep it running till January.
According to him, the enzo factory closes for a period of 3 weeks in December and it might not make much of a difference as to when we eventually receive our shoes, whether we place our orders in December or January.

bloodyj13

Reaction score

According to him, the enzo factory closes for a period of 3 weeks in December and it might not make much of a difference as to when we eventually receive our shoes, whether we place our orders in December or January.

Hi, do you mean that Gabriel would open a gmto for exactly the same style and last of what we are going to do? Coz I just see they are holding the gmto pre order of last 74945 black Oxford currently.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, do you mean that Gabriel would open a gmto for exactly the same style and last of what we are going to do? Coz I just see they are holding the gmto pre order of last 74945 black Oxford currently.
Yes, he will open a GMTO link for our exact makeup, in the 804 last, not the 74945 last.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I had a feeling there would be a shutdown in December and that's exactly what I was thinking.

Kinda works as I was just offered a try on from a buddy who has the shoe from the original stock. Quite relieved that I'll be able to try on the shoe, first.

Last edited:

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a feeling there would be a shutdown in December and that's exactly what I was thinking.

Kinda works as I was just offered a try on from a buddy who has the shoe from the original stock. Quite relieved that I'll be able to try on the shoe, first.
For what it's worth, what I can do is ask Gabe to keep the link open till Jan, but maybe still ask him to put in the first few December orders to Enzo first. It might not make a difference in the end, but I will ask if he is ok with this.

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Perfect! Then you can give me fitting advise too :) are you going 7 or 7.5? All feedback points me to 7UK.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect! Then you can give me fitting advise too :) are you going 7 or 7.5? All feedback points me to 7UK.
Hmmm.... Guys does this mean that you aren't too keen for a December launch then?
@MGD83 what do you think of these recent developments? Am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, or not having been quite quick enough with putting things together.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm game for a December launch.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm game for a December launch.
Hey there,
I understand that.
I'll just ask Gabriel to set up a link, we can put in our respective orders when ready.
Though I guess, I can't promise the December guys that we can get our shoes earlier.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey there, 
I understand that.
I'll just ask Gabriel to set up a link, we can put in our respective orders when ready. 
Though I guess, I can't promise the December guys that we can get our shoes earlier.
I'll put in my order no worries.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't feel that at this point in time a December order will arrive any faster than a January order. Holiday season is coming soon and I doubt that anything will be produced until that time anyways.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, the link is up, those of us who want to get our orders in, let's do so.
Just to add, Gabriel will still submit the December orders first, for what it's worth.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
All feedback has pointed me to 7UK also, but I'm hesitant to do so. My buddy has a 7, so that's what I'll be trying. I'll be sure to let you know what I think.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Skoak site says pre-order closes on 12/20. Are you still working on getting it kept open until January @ThunderMarch ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads