• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the list of those interested right now is:

@mugenlove
@Mr Clemson
@nishant
@stephenaf2003
@junglcmndo

Can you guys confirm your participation and DM me your email details so that I can pass them along to Lorenzo ?

If there is anyone else interested, please reach out as well.

Cheers
Nishant

I was talking to Lorenzo about doing a boot around this derby ...

- NST Boot
- 74945 last
- Bourbon Hatchgrain
- 5 + 4 - Brass hardware
- 360 storm welt
- Antiqued Edge
- Ridgeway sole.

Let me know when the if anyone wishes to join ..
View attachment 1273294

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mugenlove
@Charllesun
@oskrusa
@AlucardX
@Mr Clemson

A further and very interesting update for the Color #6 Balway GMTO from Lorenzo:

1. The Color #6 is in Lorenzo's hot little hands;
2. For those who expressed interest in a Color #6 Hatch Grain shaft - you're in luck; Horween sent enough of this Shell for at most 5 pairs of boots in the Hatch Grain/Smooth Upper combo;
3. If there is enough interest in both the Smooth and Hatch Grain shaft, there maybe sufficient numbers to do 2 parallel GMTOs.

This is great news for those who were originally looking for the Hatch Grain shaft only to be informed that it wasn't available.

If there is anyone else interested who is not on the original list above, please let me know. Lorenzo finished up receiving a lot more than his original allotment of 12 smooth shells; his stock stands at 20 Smooth and 6 Hatch Grain.

Just a recap on the final make-up:
GMTO total price: $1095 USD per pair
Model: Balway
Last: 74945
Upper: Smooth Color #6
Eyelets/Hooks: 5 smaller antique bronze eyelets with 3 matching speed hooks.
Shaft: Smooth Color #6 or Hatch Grain Color #6 (up to 5 pairs in this make-up only)
Welt: 360 Natural Storm Welt
Sole: Ridgeway sole - Lorenzo suggested this and after copying all your size details, it will not be a problem getting correct sized heels for almost everyone. @Charllesun - I'm really hoping the 3 5/8 Ridgeway heel will fit your UK 9.5 boot, but I've let Lorenzo know you're happy with the mismatch if it doesn't.

Please let me know what you think guys, either here or via DM.

Here is a pic of the Smooth Color #6 alongside some other colors.
L-R: Color #2 (Garnet), Color #4, Color #6, Color #8

IMG_3272.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

AlucardX

Reaction score
@CrashBurner I would like my pair of boots to be color 6 smooth upper/hatch grain shaft combo after seeing this development, if there's enough interest for it.

Charllesun

Reaction score
@mugenlove
@Charllesun
@oskrusa
@AlucardX
@Mr Clemson

A further and very interesting update for the Color #6 Balway GMTO from Lorenzo:

2. For those who expressed interest in a Color #6 Hatch Grain shaft - you're in luck; Horween sent enough of this Shell for at most 5 pairs of boots in the Hatch Grain/Smooth Upper combo;
3. If there is enough interest in both the Smooth and Hatch Grain shaft, there maybe sufficient numbers to do 2 parallel GMTOs.

This is great news for those who were originally looking for the Hatch Grain shaft only to be informed that it wasn't available.

If there is anyone else interested who is not on the original list above, please let me know. Lorenzo finished up receiving a lot more than his original allotment of 12 smooth shells; his stock stands at 20 Smooth and 6 Hatch Grain.

Shaft: Smooth Color #6 or Hatch Grain Color #6 (up to 5 pairs in this make-up only)
Sole: Ridgeway sole - Lorenzo suggested this and after copying all your size details, it will not be a problem getting correct sized heels for almost everyone. @Charllesun - I'm really hoping the 3 5/8 Ridgeway heel will fit your UK 9.5 boot, but I've let Lorenzo know you're happy with the mismatch if it doesn't.

View attachment 1295105

Cheers
I will prefer hatch grain shaft

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@CrashBurner I’m out man. Real sorry about that. Went boot crazy over the last few months and need to pump the brakes for some other Christmas things. The color looks great though.

oskrusa

Reaction score
@mugenlove
@Charllesun
@oskrusa
@AlucardX
@Mr Clemson

View attachment 1295105

Cheers

I prefer hatch grain shaft as well.

@CrashBurner, I thought that there was a $35 surcharge for the Ridgeway soles, but I might be mistaken.

Are the boots $1095 all in? with Hatch grain shaft and ridgeway soles?

Please confirm this part with Lorenzo, I will incur in additional costs for last adjustments. I need to analyze my options after getting 3 new pairs in the last 2 weeks, my budget is somewhat lower than when this thing started.

Last edited:

kevenmee

Reaction score
I prefer hatch grain shaft as well.

@CrashBurner, I thought that there was a $35 surcharge for the Ridgeway soles, but I might be mistaken.

Are the boots $1095 all in, with Hatch grain shaft and ridgeway soles? Please, confirm.

Would be interested in the hatch grain shaft as well.

Any chance anybody would be interested in hatch grain uppers as well? Sorry to be difficult.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would be interested in the hatch grain shaft as well.

Any chance anybody would be interested in hatch grain uppers as well? Sorry to be difficult.
Actually, this might be a very interesting makeup.
I would be also on-board for an all around hatch grain makeup.

You guys are killing me with these rubber soles; I’d be super excited if they were leather soles. Nonetheless, I’m also very intrigued and am in if this can be a fully hatch grain #6.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses gents.
We have currently:

@AlucardX - Hatch Grain Shaft/Smooth Upper
@Charllesun - Hatch Grain Shaft/Smooth Upper
@oskrusa - Hatch Grain Shaft/Smooth Upper or Full Hatch Grain. I will nail down the price with Lorenzo - I'm sure that came up when the GMTO was being sorted and he quoted $1095 USD.
@kevenmee - Hatch Grain Shaft/Smooth Upper or Full Hatch Grain
@stephenaf2003 - Full Hatch Grain
@CrashBurner - Full Smooth
@Mr Clemson - Sorry to see you dip out - I totally understand; I've just bought 2 pair of Edward Green boots that I hadn't planned on ;-).

Just looking at the numbers and the yet to respond @mugenlove , I'd suggest the all Hatch Grain option is a no-go as Lorenzo mentioned he only had enough Hatch Grain for 5 Shafts maximum. Lorenzo did mention that he could accommodate a mix of Smooth and Hatch Shaft in the same GMTO if the numbers didn't work for 2 separate ones.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually the more I think about it, I’m in either with full hatch, or just hatch shaft. This makeup will be sick.
Awesome @stephenaf2003 - I'm trying to think of the fairest way to do this now that we have 2 in and 1 out. @mugenlove was on board from the start when Smooth was the only option and you've immediately taken up once the Hatch Grain was made available. I think we can accommodate everybody.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads