• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

oskrusa

Reaction score
Ok, so I just spoke with Lorenzo. If we keep with the makeup I posted you can decide whether you want a Vibram Commando, or a Vibram dainite sole. Your choice. How's that sound? Just let me know which sole you want and we can get this going.

Hey @scubajose,

Thank you for being on top of this.

Just to make it clear, this is what we have:

- Model: Balway
- Uppers: Unglazed Natural Shell
- Shaft: Hatchgrain Unglazed Natural Shell
- Eyelets: 9 Brass eyelets
- Welt: 270° flat welt with natural edge dressing
- Sole: Commando or Dainite
- Last: 74945

We will just send you the preffered sole individually which you will rely back to Lorenzo. Correct?

scubajose

Reaction score
Hey @scubajose,

Thank you for being on top of this.

Just to make it clear, this is what we have:

- Welt: 270° flat welt with natural edge dressing
- Sole: Commando or Dainite

We will just send you the preffered sole individually which you will rely back to Lorenzo. Correct?
Yup, that's pretty much it. If you have Lorenzo's number you can do it yourself, or you can tell me and I'll get it to him. Just let me know which.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I just spoke with Lorenzo. If we keep with the makeup I posted you can decide whether you want a Vibram Commando, or a Vibram dainite sole. Your choice. How's that sound? Just let me know which sole you want and we can get this going.

On the 74945 last, correct? If so, I’m in! Vibram dainite for me.

scubajose

Reaction score
On the 74945 last, correct? If so, I’m in! Vibram dainite for me.
That's right! Just let me know which last and which sole and I'll relay it to him. That or contact him individually, but just let me know you already informed him.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's right! Just let me know which last and which sole and I'll relay it to him. That or contact him individually, but just let me know you already informed him.

I’ll go 74945 last with vibram’s dainite. I’ll send him a message on IG but please let him know as well. Thanks!

Perfectcircles

Reaction score
So, just to be clear. We can pick the last and sole individually even if the combination does not make 4 participants?

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @stephenaf2003 , I would be in but only on 74945 last. As you, I also prefer double leather but could do Dainite if it is the prevailing selection.

- Welt: 270°or 360 flat welt with natural edge dressing
- Sole: Double leather or Dainite

@Mr Clemson , would this design be OK for you if it is Dainite?

@nishant , i saw you inquiring about this boot on Reddit, would you be in for this one?

Big eyelets or small : I was thinking Viberg sized small eyelets ..

Ridgeway could be done as well from size 8 to 11.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big eyelets or small : I was thinking Viberg sized small eyelets ..

Ridgeway could be done as well from size 8 to 11.

My recent Balway Colour 4 MTO has the smaller eyelets and Ridgeway sole. Both look great!
EB had/has issues obtaining the larger-sized Ridgeway heels which are needed on storm-welted boots (don’t know if this issue applies to 360 flat-welled though). It only became apparent near completion of the order so I went with a Dainite 3 7/8 heel; EB’s largest available Ridgeway heel is 3 3/8.

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome, thank you Scubajose. Let’s make this happen!

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@scubajose - nice work organising the GMTOs. That’s possibly the quickest uptake I’ve seen here. Hope they all get up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads