• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think at this point we have plenty of people so its mostly a matter of agreeing/disagreeing on details. I did hear that Hatch-grain Col 4 may be in short supply though, so that could be a deciding factor.

I have an email out to Lorenzo this morning to check how much (if any) hatch grain is available
Thanks ... I'd love hatchgrain, but think I could live without it if EB can't source it

Last edited:

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For my foot the difference is in the ball of the foot area. The 363 fits my wideish foot better, on 74945 I have EB feather that midfoot area, and it works beautifully.

Images for those still dragging their feet on EB’s amazing treatment of color 4.

View attachment 1239330

View attachment 1239331
Thank makeup is fantastic. I think the only thing I'd change is leather soles for myself.

Cromweld

Reaction score
UPDATE: There is enough hatch-grain shell for 4 pairs with hatch grain shaft. I believe right now we have @flylikeneagle @Mr Clemson and myself interested in the hatch-grain. @ryanluo23 are you still interested in this order?

Following up since I think we'd have a full GMTO if everyone is willing to commit. Please let me know if you'd like to confirm and PM me your email so I can send our info to Lorenzo. Bolded the decisions below in the make up that we still need to make

Interested parties:
ConfirmedMe - Flexible on shaft, prefer Dainite Sole
@flylikeneagle neagle - prefers textured shaft
@ryanluo23 - prefer Dainite Sole
@goalaso
@Vocans - prefer smooth shaft
ConfirmedMr. Clemson - Textured Shaft
Maybe 1 or 2 more folks from Reddit.

Leather: Col 4 Horween Shell, Smooth Upper, Textured Shaft vs Smooth Shaft
Last: 74945
Finishing: 360 Handwelted Stormwelt, Mid-brown/Matching leather.
Hardware: Antiqued Brass vs Gold Brass, 4 Eyelets and 4 Speedhooks
Sole: Dainite or Leather + Vibram Half-sole

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank makeup is fantastic. I think the only thing I'd change is leather soles for myself.

I’m with you it’s the only thing I didn’t like and wanted to change about the makeup....but alas the majority ruled.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: There is enough hatch-grain shell for 4 pairs with hatch grain shaft. I believe right now we have @flylikeneagle @Mr Clemson and myself interested in the hatch-grain. @ryanluo23 are you still interested in this order?

How many do we have now? Any thoughts on changing from storm welt to hand welt? I think the hand/flat welt makes the boot look less chunky.

Cromweld

Reaction score

Cromweld

Reaction score
If there's still room, I'm in for a col. 4 Balway with a hatch grain shaft. I'm rather ambivalent about hardware, but I think I have a slight preference for gold brass. I'd prefer a dainite sole.

How does the 74945 last fit in comparison to the 363MOD?

I think if you're willing to compromise on the gold hardware (rest of group prefers the antiqued brass) we would have 4.

The rest of the details are as follows:

74945 last
Mid brown storm welt (360 handwelt)
Dainite sole
4 eyelets 4 speedhooks

SteveL91

Reaction score
I think if you're willing to compromise on the gold hardware (rest of group prefers the antiqued brass) we would have 4.

The rest of the details are as follows:

74945 last
Mid brown storm welt (360 handwelt)
Dainite sole
4 eyelets 4 speedhooks

I'm fine with antiqued brass, but I thought there were a few in front of me? If they're not interested, I'm in.

Cromweld

Reaction score
I'm fine with antiqued brass, but I thought there were a few in front of me? If they're not interested, I'm in.

Based on my notes you're the 4th person interested in Hatchgrain shaft. See below:

Me - Flexible on shaft, prefer Dainite Sole
flylikeneagle - prefers textured shaft

ryanluo23 - prefer Dainite Sole, prefer smooth shaft
goalaso- No response
Vocans - prefer smooth shaft
Mr. Clemson - Textured Shaft
SteveL91 - Textured Shaft

So with that I think we have our 4! I'll message Lorenzo about next steps and see what we can do for the folks interested in a smooth shaft. He mentioned we may still be able to group them together.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on my notes you're the 4th person interested in Hatchgrain shaft. See below:

Me - Flexible on shaft, prefer Dainite Sole
flylikeneagle - prefers textured shaft

ryanluo23 - prefer Dainite Sole, prefer smooth shaft
goalaso- No response
Vocans - prefer smooth shaft
Mr. Clemson - Textured Shaft
SteveL91 - Textured Shaft

So with that I think we have our 4! I'll message Lorenzo about next steps and see what we can do for the folks interested in a smooth shaft. He mentioned we may still be able to group them together.
Well done guys. I’ll see if @ryanluo23, @goalaso and @Vocans would be interested in this makeup in Color 6:

Leather: Smooth Colour 6 Horween Cordovan Upper/Shaft
Finishing: 360 Handwelted Stormwelt/natural edge (I think that we can adjust the edge colour within a single GMTO)
Hardware: Antique Brass - 5 x smaller eyelets & 3 x speed hooks (don’t mind 4 x 4 either)
Sole: Dainite(UK version)

Anyone else interested in the makeup above, please let yourself be known.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well done guys. I’ll see if @ryanluo23, @goalaso and @Vocans would be interested in this makeup in Color 6:

Finishing: 360 Handwelted Stormwelt/natural edge (I think that we can adjust the edge colour within a single GMTO)
Hardware: Antique Brass - 5 x smaller eyelets & 3 x speed hooks (don’t mind 4 x 4 either)

Stunning sounding makeup but it's probably going the wrong direction in color from what I'm after :)

I'm planning to do something in color 4 or even color 2 (garnet), I think.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stunning sounding makeup but it's probably going the wrong direction in color from what I'm after :)

I'm planning to do something in color 4 or even color 2 (garnet), I think.
No problem @Vocans . Good luck with your make-up. I already have the Color 4 with smooth shaft fortunately. It looks fantastic - you won’t be disappointed.

If you’re a UK 9.5, I may have what you’re looking for (half size too big so I ordered an MTO in UK 9).

Last edited:

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not to muddy the waters but is there a color 6 shell hatchgrain available ? I can’t stress enough how cool the hatchgrain shaft looks.

If it were included, I would have a hard time saying no to this makeup ;)

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to muddy the waters but is there a color 6 shell hatchgrain available ? I can’t stress enough how cool the hatchgrain shaft looks.

If it were included, I would have a hard time saying no to this makeup ;)

Lorenzo just got back to me regarding Color 6 availability. He is receiving a sample batch of Color 6 and will be able to make 5 - 6 pairs. He didn’t mention if it was hatch grain, but I have a suspicion it’s smooth. I’ll email Lorenzo and get back to you.

I was a bit resistant to mixing textures, but after seeing your Color 4 boots recently, I could very well be swayed. They look fantastic!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads