• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure how I missed this, but I have been talking with Lorenzo about a Balway and have been debating on the shell color. I have been leaning towards Color 4 with the textured shaft on the 74945 last. SO, I am in for this! @Cromweld

Cromweld

Reaction score
Not sure how I missed this, but I have been talking with Lorenzo about a Balway and have been debating on the shell color. I have been leaning towards Color 4 with the textured shaft on the 74945 last. SO, I am in for this! @Cromweld

Great! Went ahead and added you, if you could weigh on in any other preferences on the previous page that would be great, or if you are flexible on the other items thats fine too.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great! Went ahead and added you, if you could weigh on in any other preferences on the previous page that would be great, or if you are flexible on the other items thats fine too.

Thanks! Preferences:

Hatch grain shaft
Dainite sole (Vibram's version)
Gold Brass
270 or 360 hand welt

Matt's look spectacular although I do like the hatch grain shaft. Balway

Another awesome hand welt: Balway

I think the 270 hand welt looks great on this boot, and the storm makes it look too bulky. JMO.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Following up since I think we'd have a full GMTO if everyone is willing to commit. Please let me know if you'd like to confirm and PM me your email so I can send our info to Lorenzo. Bolded the decisions below in the make up that we still need to make

Interested parties:
ConfirmedMe - Flexible on shaft, prefer Dainite Sole
@flylikeneagle neagle - prefers textured shaft
@ryanluo23 - prefer Dainite Sole
@goalaso
@Vocans - prefer smooth shaft
ConfirmedMr. Clemson - Textured Shaft
Maybe 1 or 2 more folks from Reddit.

Leather: Col 4 Horween Shell, Smooth Upper, Textured Shaft vs Smooth Shaft
Last: 74945
Finishing: 360 Handwelted Stormwelt, Mid-brown/Matching leather.
Hardware: Antiqued Brass vs Gold Brass, 4 Eyelets and 4 Speedhooks
Sole: Dainite or Leather + Vibram Half-sole
Hi after giving it some more thought my preference is for antique finish on hardware. Given we'd be spending close to $1,200 I'd like the option to dress up or down. Love gold aesthetically, but don't think I'd be able to dress up the boot. I don't want to hold up anyone else so feel free to proceed without me if most folks prefer gold hardware.

Last edited:

Cromweld

Reaction score
Hi after giving it some more thought my preference is for antique finish on hardware. Given we'd be spending close to $1,200 I'd like the option to dress up or down. Love gold aesthetically, but don't think I'd be able to dress up the boot. I don't want to hold up anyone else so feel free to proceed without me if the most folks prefer gold hardware.

Right now I'm tracking everyone's preferences in a spreadsheet and then we can make decisions if we don't have a majority one way or another. I don't think we have a majority on anything other than hatch grain shaft, and even then it's about half and half

SteveL91

Reaction score
If there's still room, I'm in for a col. 4 Balway with a hatch grain shaft. I'm rather ambivalent about hardware, but I think I have a slight preference for gold brass. I'd prefer a dainite sole.

How does the 74945 last fit in comparison to the 363MOD?

Charllesun

Reaction score
Any one interested?
Leather: Col 6 Horween Shell, hatch grain Upper/Shaft
Finishing: 360 Handwelted Stormwelt, Mid-brown or nature edge.
Hardware: Shiny Brass
Sole: Dainite(UK version)

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The make up I’m going to MTO if anyone is interested:
Leather: Smooth Colour 6 Horween Cordovan Upper/Shaft
Finishing: 360 Handwelted Stormwelt/natural edge (I think that we can adjust the edge colour within a GMTO)
Hardware: Antique Brass - 5 x smaller eyelets & 3 x speed hooks
Sole: Dainite(UK version) - I’d prefer Ridgeway but the 3 7/8 heel size is very hard to find which would be required for a 360 Handwelt. My recently completed MTO is a Ridgeway sole with a 3 7/8 Dainite heel.

Last edited:

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there's still room, I'm in for a col. 4 Balway with a hatch grain shaft. I'm rather ambivalent about hardware, but I think I have a slight preference for gold brass. I'd prefer a dainite sole.
In my experience, the 74945 and 363MOD have a similar instep and fit, but the 74945 has an elongated toe box and the 363 has a slightly shorter, rounded toe box. Aesthetically, I prefer the 74945 - it’s very elegant.

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For my foot the difference is in the ball of the foot area. The 363 fits my wideish foot better, on 74945 I have EB feather that midfoot area, and it works beautifully.

Images for those still dragging their feet on EB’s amazing treatment of color 4.

77E468C1-944F-4B37-A678-E2C3885581AA.jpeg

A3D27788-DB39-43ED-97C1-6699FB6F8FBF.jpeg

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The make up I’m going to MTO if anyone is interested:
Leather: Smooth Colour 6 Horween Cordovan Upper/Shaft
Finishing: 360 Handwelted Stormwelt/natural edge (I think that we can adjust the edge colour within a GMTO)
Hardware: Antique Brass - 5 x smaller eyelets & 3 x speed hooks
Sole: Dainite(UK version) - I’d prefer Ridgeway but the 3 7/8 heel size is very hard to find which would be required for a 360 Handwelt. My recently completed MTO is a Ridgeway sole with a 3 7/8 Dainite heel.
I might join if the color 4 Balway GMTO doesn't work out. With Carmina now offering color 4, color 6 would be a good addition to my collection

Last edited:

Cromweld

Reaction score
I might join if the color 4 Balway GMTO doesn't work out. With Carmina now offering color 4, color 6 would be a good to collection
I think at this point we have plenty of people so its mostly a matter of agreeing/disagreeing on details. I did hear that Hatch-grain Col 4 may be in short supply though, so that could be a deciding factor.

I have an email out to Lorenzo this morning to check how much (if any) hatch grain is available

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads