• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

dangerous

Reaction score
New GMTO has enough people signed up and will be put into production.

Just throwing this in too, to help you out if theres a larger interest for that.

I feel like the standard black shark can be a bit bright, even if it probably looks great with shell, and there's a nabuck version.

I got my shark jods made out of it, and I feel like it's a better look than the other one, especially for a shaft:

d2ef3CP.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this in too, to help you out if theres a larger interest for that.

I feel like the standard black shark can be a bit bright, even if it probably looks great with shell, and there's a nabuck version.

I got my shark jods made out of it, and I feel like it's a better look than the other one, especially for a shaft:

d2ef3CP.jpg
What did you get the strap done in? The nubuck version looks grey in this photo...

oskrusa

Reaction score
Right now @Sam5p has expressed interest. What about the others? Any thoughts on shaft material?

@Phoenician
@oskrusa
@aj2603

Hey @jischwar , I think a Russian Reindeer Shaft would be dope.

However, I am out of space by a big margin. I need to sell at least three pairs of shoes before getting into this one.

I will be more dedicated to shoe selling starting this weekend, and I will keep you posted.
Obviously, if you confirm with the three other folks, just go for it.

Sam5p

Reaction score
Hey @jischwar , I think a Russian Reindeer Shaft would be dope.

However, I am out of space by a big margin. I need to sell at least three pairs of shoes before getting into this one.

I will be more dedicated to shoe selling starting this weekend, and I will keep you posted.
Obviously, if you confirm with the three other folks, just go for it.
@jischwar, do you have a sample image of the russian reindeer? I also think that sounds interesting. Thanks.

dangerous

Reaction score
What did you get the strap done in? The nubuck version looks grey in this photo...

It says "Squalo Nabuck cocco nero" on the box, but no info on the strap. It's some kind of crocodile.

Yes - the nabuck version is pretty grey. It's a different look, but it's black. The grey shark was not possible to source within a reasonable time last time; it was basically a reversed leather with the top parts of the grain grey and bottom as black

Trakl

Reaction score
Does anyone know which the thickest, most substantial suede is that Bonafé offers?
And how would this suede compare to e.g. the Kudu Reverse that they offer?
I'm thinking as a material for a rugged jumper boot or the like.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here we go then :

Balway
Kudu - Chestnut vs others
74945 last
4 + 4 - polished brass
No Storm Welt
360 Flat Welt
Ridgeway Sole

Price : 750 USD

Chestnut - > 100 hides

Snuff, Espreso, Mahogany or Smoke - only Worth 4 to 5 pairs - enough for small GMTOs

Lorenzo didn’t have an estimate for the price

8BF80C60-59F4-452A-A5D4-F1766EDEACB2.jpeg
0359DCFA-5370-4825-8DF9-F2A3EE5B55E0.jpeg
DCA3E54A-17E4-43B2-B682-09AFB0486E57.jpeg
BB1DDE6F-6445-4640-B152-2BADC90449B1.jpeg
6F022AF5-9378-469E-AAED-D790EFE2846A.jpeg

Last edited:

SteveL91

Reaction score
Here we go then :

Balway
74945 last
4 + 4 - polished brass
No Storm Welt
360 Flat Welt
Ridgeway Sole

Chestnut - > 100 hides

Snuff, Espreso, Mahogany or Smoke - only Worth 4 to 5 pairs - enough for small GMTOs

Most likely in. Are you thinking of using the kudu for the whole boot?

zargoz

Reaction score
Here we go then :

Balway
74945 last
4 + 4 - polished brass
No Storm Welt
360 Flat Welt
Ridgeway Sole

Chestnut - > 100 hides

View attachment 1509232 View attachment 1509233 View attachment 1509234 View attachment 1509235 View attachment 1509236
Interested. Chestnut is the first one? That's very nice. Any chance of convincing folks to go for the rounder 363mod?

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interested. Chestnut is the first one? That's very nice. Any chance of convincing folks to go for the rounder 363mod?
Most likely in. Are you thinking of using the kudu for the whole boot?

Yes - I would go Kudu for the whole boot.
I like 74945 last better. I would prefer sticking to it. Some PCTs look better on 363 mod but that’s not here.
I think Chestnut is the richest of colors in the lineup .. I do like it best

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads