• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered some Color 8 Balmoral boots MTO through Mehra. I placed the order on 5/15 and they are about to ship to me from Mehra. That is less than 3 months! I wanted to share this so people can get a better idea of the current turnaround. I will post pictures when they arrive.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered some Color 8 Balmoral boots MTO through Mehra. I placed the order on 5/15 and they are about to ship to me from Mehra. That is less than 3 months! I wanted to share this so people can get a better idea of the current turnaround. I will post pictures when they arrive.
Wow, that is quick! Wonder if MTO's finish more quickly than GMTO's

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is quick! Wonder if MTO's finish more quickly than GMTO's
I was wondering that same thing. I guess it makes sense since they need to make more items and need more material which they may need to source first.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it appears we have a tentative 3 for September: @nishant @mugenlove @Mallaig

We need 1 more to make it count .. Lorenzo told me that he can pretty much nail this pattern with Enzo that I pictured from Alden Color 4 Shell.
I’m in, this is too epic to pass.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wingtip Boot
New Russian Grain Bourbon Shell
Last: 74945
Eyelets/Hooks: 9 Brass Eyelets or 5 small eyelets + 4 speedhooks
Hardware: Shiny brass
Sole: Double Leather with Toecaps
Edge dressing: Thinking Chestnut
Welt - 360 degree Flat
Flush pull tab, natural calf lining
Hand Welted
Price $1100-1150 (yet to be confirmed)

@Mallaig @mugenlove @nishant @stephenaf2003

Thanks gents .. I ll reach out to Lorenzo ??
please email him to confirm your sizing etc.

Which eyelet configuration would you guys want ? All eyelets or 5 plus 4 ?

I would say 5 plus 4 for the sheer ease of it

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wingtip Boot
Welt - 360 degree Flat
Hand Welted

5+4 for me, all eyelets are a nightmare to get in and out of.

By the way you’re killing me man with all of these great makeups you keep coming up with. Give me a break and just go MTO from here on out...lol.

kevenmee

Reaction score
5+4 for me, all eyelets are a nightmare to get in and out of.

By the way you’re killing me man with all of these great makeups you keep coming up with. Give me a break and just go MTO from here on out...lol.

Haha, I was speaking with Lorenzo the other night and he was telling me about a couple of other GMTOs that he just wrapped up as well as some that he's wrapping up. Immediately asked, "Nishant" and sure enough....they were.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, I was speaking with Lorenzo the other night and he was telling me about a couple of other GMTOs that he just wrapped up as well as some that he's wrapping up. Immediately asked, "Nishant" and sure enough....they were.
I’m serious he’s killing me, I’ve been trying my best to cut back, but he seems to be plugged in directly to my wants and desires for boots. If the maker was any other maker than my favorite maker, I could resist. But EB is my weakness.

kevenmee

Reaction score
I’m serious he’s killing me, I’ve been trying my best to cut back, but he seems to be plugged in directly to my wants and desires for boots. If the maker was any other maker than my favorite maker, I could resist. But EB is my weakness.

Seems like a vicious cycle, Lorenzo kills you. You kill us. When will it ever end???

lcdx22

Reaction score
Wingtip Boot
Welt - 360 degree Flat
Hand Welted

Damn this is tempting. Any pictures of wingtip boots on 74945? Not sure if that was done?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The arrival of the new russian grain is exciting. We have a couple of makups underway in Dark Cognac and Bourbon (both led by @nishant ). I'd like to add another idea to the list: a wholecut boot made in Navy new russian grain. I've discussed this with Lorenzo and he is ready to get the navy shell.

The idea is to use the new Art 4053 wholecut boot that looks like the picture below but in navy shell with the new russian grain that can be seen in post #1674. This would be on a double leather sole and maybe add a toppy.

Let me know if this is interesting to you. I think this could make an amazing boot. If there are a few other folk here that want something like this, we can move to the next step to get pricing and lock in the specs.

View attachment 1439454
Have you confirmed that they can do a shell wholecut? I thought I remember there being an issue with tearing the shells.

mugenlove

Reaction score
Damn this is tempting. Any pictures of wingtip boots on 74945? Not sure if that was done?
These should be coming in. I am tempted to suggest New Russian grain in Armagnac for the wingtips.

Attachments

• FA291A5A-8DB7-42C2-8EC7-3140808EB41E.jpeg
    FA291A5A-8DB7-42C2-8EC7-3140808EB41E.jpeg
    325.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These should be coming in. I am tempted to suggest New Russian grain in Armagnac for the wingtips.
Thanks for sharing. I checked out Lorenzo's instagram account last night to get a sneak peek, but didn't see a picture of the boot. They turned out great, and looking forward to receiving my pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads