• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

kevenmee

Reaction score
Hahhaa true true. Im practicing fiscal responsibility

Huh, never heard of that before - details please? Does supporting both American & Italian companies count?

In all seriousness, did try to donate to Massimo & the family at Enzo. The guys would not take a dime, so second best option is to buy a bunch of shoes instead....

mugenlove

Reaction score
Huh, never heard of that before - details please? Does supporting both American & Italian companies count?

In all seriousness, did try to donate to Massimo & the family at Enzo. The guys would not take a dime, so second best option is to buy a bunch of shoes instead....
Your enabling powers are second to none. ?

Charllesun

Reaction score
Hi all - checking interest on following makeup I've been discussing with Lorenzo

NST boot in color 4 hatch grain shell
74945 Last
4 small eyelets + 4 epeedhooks
Antique brass hardware
270 flat welt
Hand Welted
Double Leather ($1095) OR Ridgeway ($1125)
Edit: mid or dark brown edge dressing, standard pull tab, natural calf lining

Model would be based on SG3992 NST boot, but apron stitch would resemble design on NST shoe pictured in second link (apron stitch further up on the toe)

SG3992 NST boot:

NST shoe: apron stitch to resemble this model

Interested, I will go Ridgeway.
How about shiny brass hardware?

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn you’re getting me close to being board. Shiny brass + ridgeway, I’m in.
@zargoz @Charllesun @mugenlove @nishant

Makeup as it stands

Last: 74945
Eyelets/Hooks: 4 small eyelets + 4 speedhooks
Hardware: Shiny brass
Sole: Single Leather with Brown Ridgeway
270 or 360 flat welt
Edge dressing: Medium or Dark brown
Standard pull tab, natural calf lining
Hand Welted

In terms of timing, I'm OK with waiting a couple of weeks before committing but also recognize if I wait too long I might commit funds elsewhere.

Anyone have strong preference for 270 vs 360? Personally I'd prefer a less chunky look with the ridgeway sole, and would therefore like flat welt. I feel these EG Newmarket boots have right balance between elegance and ruggedness, with 270 flat welt on 82 ( or 202?) last and ridgeway soles

Charllesun

Reaction score

Makeup as it stands

270 or 360 flat welt
Hand Welted

In terms of timing, I'm OK with waiting a couple of weeks before committing but also recognize if I wait too long I might commit funds elsewhere.

Anyone have strong preference for 270 vs 360? Personally I'd prefer a less chunky look with the ridgeway sole, and would therefore like flat welt. I feel these EG Newmarket boots have right balance between elegance and ruggedness, with 270 flat welt on 82 ( or 202?) last and ridgeway soles

260 flat welt is OK.
I’m fine with the other details.

zargoz

Reaction score

Makeup as it stands

270 or 360 flat welt
Hand Welted

I am for 360 but seems I'm in the minority here. In my mind it would look something like this one which I think nails what I'm after. I have an inbound Balway, on 74945 with 270 flat welt so I will see how those look/feel on foot and go from there. Should be arriving soon from the 'bay.

DSC01807.JPG

mugenlove

Reaction score
I am for 360 but seems I'm in the minority here. In my mind it would look something like this one which I think nails what I'm after. I have an inbound Balway, on 74945 with 270 flat welt so I will see how those look/feel on foot and go from there. Should be arriving soon from the 'bay.

View attachment 1424912
I’m comfortable with either 270 or 360. It’s marginal difference. I’d probably slightly lean 360 flat.

Mallaig

Reaction score
Gentlemen, checking interest in a Col16 Balway with Shark shaft inset. See the picture below for an idea of what I'm talking about. The uppers and lace facings would be shell, and the rest of the shaft would be Shark. Thanks to @patrickngai who came up with this suggestion (some of you will have seen the pictures he posted of his Col16 EB boots on Instagram under the name 'shoesandslacks').

I've discussed with Lorenzo and he thinks it would require a change to the Balway pattern but could be done for a GMTO. This is good news because it means this makeup would be unique.

My current thinking is to use a Black Sharkskin. Initially the black would look similar to the Col16, but as the shell develops the Col16 will get lighter and the black will make the underlying tones of the Col16 really pop. Again, thanks to Patrick for sharing his experiences with Col16.

We can get into the details as we go. I'm flexible on hardware but would prefer a double leather sole.

Who is interested ?

EG example.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, checking interest in a Col16 Balway with Shark shaft inset. See the picture below for an idea of what I'm talking about. The uppers and lace facings would be shell, and the rest of the shaft would be Shark. Thanks to @patrickngai who came up with this suggestion (some of you will have seen the pictures he posted of his Col16 EB boots on Instagram under the name 'shoesandslacks').

I've discussed with Lorenzo and he thinks it would require a change to the Balway pattern but could be done for a GMTO. This is good news because it means this makeup would be unique.

My current thinking is to use a Black Sharkskin. Initially the black would look similar to the Col16, but as the shell develops the Col16 will get lighter and the black will make the underlying tones of the Col16 really pop. Again, thanks to Patrick for sharing his experiences with Col16.

We can get into the details as we go. I'm flexible on hardware but would prefer a double leather sole.

Who is interested ?

View attachment 1425455
Tentative here. Does shark only come in black?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

Who is interested ?

View attachment 1425455

Very tempting. The pattern modification is very appealing. To the best of my knowledge EG is the only maker that does this currently with the shell along the lace area.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads