• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

mugenlove

Reaction score
Hmm the last gmto I saw with unglazed natural was with commando soles but these two pairs definitely aren't on that. Was there an option for dainite or leather or was this a completely separate gmto?
Commando just wouldn't look as clean as these
The gmto was so large. There was a bit of flexibility with the soles. I personally got ridgeway

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nica boots and dog. Is that a Great White Pyrenees?
It’s the first time I’ve heard anyone call it Great White Pyrenees, but yes she’s a Great Pyrenees.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm the last gmto I saw with unglazed natural was with commando soles but these two pairs definitely aren't on that. Was there an option for dainite or leather or was this a completely separate gmto?
Commando just wouldn't look as clean as these
Yes as previously stated the GMTO was so large that choices for last and sole were able to be accommodated. Personally, I always go for double leather soles, unless it’s specifically a harsh weather boot.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s the first time I’ve heard anyone call it Great White Pyrenees, but yes she’s a Great Pyrenees.
Awesome. My Stepdad is French and has always had them. He calls them that, so that is why I called it a Great White Pyrenees. Not to be confused with the Shark.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been in touch with Lorenzo over last couple weeks and didn't realize the gmto I was considering was through here.

I just join this one: at least these are the latest specs I was told...

Col4 Balway with hatch grain shaft
270deg hand welt flat
Vibram dainite
Dk brown edge
9 gold brass eyelets

Are those still the latest specs? Originally was told 360 but now it's 270, which works for me.

Last edited:

scubajose

Reaction score
IMG_20200706_144930.jpg
IMG_20200706_150253.jpg

Unglazed natural shell balways finally came in.

scubajose

Reaction score
These may be the best ones I've seen so far - especially how the commando lugs came out. Wear it in good health, super pumped to see how this turns out!
Thanks! These came out perfect. Was going for that G&G urban commando vibe and I think they nailed it.

Mallaig

Reaction score
Has anyone had boots made up in Col16 ? Any thoughts on the color vs other shell ? Please share contrasting picture if possible.

I'm thinking about a makeup using Col16 but have not seen many pictures of what it looks like on a boot.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had boots made up in Col16 ? Any thoughts on the color vs other shell ? Please share contrasting picture if possible.

I'm thinking about a makeup using Col16 but have not seen many pictures of what it looks like on a boot.
Check is out, 16, 8, 6

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads