• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is good to know and I appreciate it -- I have been muddling over this question in fact as I just got my dark cognac boots on the 74945 (sorry it didn't work out @Mr Clemson) and they fit well but quite snugly. I immediately started to consider the 363Mod as.a consequence, figuring it would be more forgiving. However, sizing up a half size on the 74945 might be the way to go. I do love the shape of the last.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify. They fit fantastic and are awesome! I'm just selling them for unforeseen reasons.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is good to know and I appreciate it -- I have been muddling over this question in fact as I just got my dark cognac boots on the 74945 (sorry it didn't work out @Mr Clemson) and they fit well but quite snugly. I immediately started to consider the 363Mod as.a consequence, figuring it would be more forgiving. However, sizing up a half size on the 74945 might be the way to go. I do love the shape of the last.
If I were to MTO a shearling pair, I would also consider going with a G fitting. But that is because my problems in fitting typically stem from ball of the foot issues, YMMV.

mugenlove

Reaction score
Color 6/Color 6 Hatch
C8AC5AF4-2C07-4952-B936-2F5FA9F0458F.jpeg

nikolau

Reaction score
I have a pair of color 4 Balways arriving next week. I took a shot in the dark with my sizing on 74945, so if they don't work out I might be interested in joining another run.

These are great. I've been thinking about adding a heavy duty winter boot. Anyone interested in something similar with a 360 welt, commando sole and shearling lining?

I’m new to the thread, but 100% yes. I too want a heavy winter boot with a shearling liner. Those are stunners btw.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Hi @stephenaf2003,
Have you gotten shearling boots from any other maker? Have they adjusted the width to account for the space needed by the shearling?

I’d advise you be very diligent in working out your sizing for an EB shearling. I’ve got two EB pair, and I took both in my normal UK8.5. This as it turned out, was an error. That is, EB did not take into account the fact that they added shearling, and that adding shearling will affect the sizing. Therefore taking my normal UK8.5 on those EB shearlings, resulted in an extremely tight fit.

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @stephenaf2003,
Have you gotten shearling boots from any other maker? Have they adjusted the width to account for the space needed by the shearling?
Yes I have several pairs from different makers. The EG boots only line the shaft so they only minimally affect the sizing, AE’s boots are fully lined and they neglect to take into account the shearling as well. The only pairs of fully lined boots I own correctly accounting for shearlings affect on sizing are Meermin, and Dinkelacker.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I have several pairs from different makers. The EG boots only line the shaft so they only minimally affect the sizing, AE’s boots are fully lined and they neglect to take into account the shearling as well. The only pairs of fully lined boots I own correctly accounting for shearlings affect on sizing are Meermin, and Dinkelacker.

I have EGs w/ shearling .. can’t say I am a big fan but generally loved the makeups and sale priced and hence bought them. Shearling makes the shaft look weird.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some Heschung and the shearling doesn't require adjustments for sizing. They are a great pair. My EG Galways with the shearling shaft are, oddly, not very warm at all on the foot. I mean to say that yes, they have no fur lining below the shaft but, on top of that, they actually feel less warm than other pairs, apart from the ankles. That said, no sizing adjustment required.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another question that wasn’t asked, but I’ll address from obviously my perspective. Are my shearling boots that are fully lined effective at battling the cold? Yes they are.

I have a unique perspective I think in that I live in Northern Virginia, and here I participate in slugging. For those not familiar, it’s a car pooling practice. We have designated car lots, people park and wait in line, locally drivers know folks are there for rides. The pickup results in at least three riders, thus the vehicle is able to enter the HOV lanes bypassing traffic congestion. While waiting in line in the winter, often for long periods of time, I am able to determine which boots keep my feet warmer. My experience is my fully lined boots definitely help.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from the Boots thread.
I got a pair of Balways on the mail today.

Lorenzo worked with me on certain feathering adjustments I needed. These fit pretty good at first, but I will need to put some miles on them to get a definite fit assessment. Really happy with this makeup.

View attachment 1404902

View attachment 1404903
When you get a chance, would love to see these in indirect sunlight. Color and overall makeup look amazing, congrats! I just received my first pair of Bonafe and am very impressed overall. Love the shape of the 74945 last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads