• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
not a fan of 270 .. affects integrity of the stitch .. I have seen of pics of stitching loosening from there.

Purely in the interest of curiosity, do you happen to have a photo of what a 270 degree norvegese looks like? Never seen that.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you all be okay with a 270 norvegese?
not a fan of 270 .. affects integrity of the stitch .. I have seen of pics of stitching loosening from there.
Don’t let me sidetrack the original makeup. I’ll gladly step aside if one other person wants the 360 you all decided on. Like @nishant I wouldn’t want a 270 as well.

mugenlove

Reaction score
Don’t let me sidetrack the original makeup. I’ll gladly step aside if one other person wants the 360 you all decided on. Like @nishant I wouldn’t want a 270 as well.
I’m indifferent : I just like continuing the conversation if we’re close to having 4. But I would say I’m agreeable to a no on 270, I’d rather go all in with the 360

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lorenzo informed me that he didn’t realize we were asking for Norvegese when I asked for a quote.

1095 USD is the price w/o Norvegese.
+ 55 USD for toecaps

Actually, going without Norvegese might bring the focus on the shell a lot more. I like @stephenaf2003 ‘s input ... Mahogany Shell + Big Grain would have the show!!!

DL w/ toecaps

@jischwar @mugenlove @stephenaf2003

Confirmed ?

Last edited:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a small chance I am interested in the makeup as well but I am waiting for my dark cognac Balways to come in, my first pair on the 74945 last. Will know by Wednesday night. That said, I'm also exploring possible options for a fur-lined Balway in a durable leather/sole. That is in the works and once I have a proposal I will post it to see if any takers line up.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lorenzo informed me that he didn’t realize we were asking for Norvegese when I asked for a quote.

+ 55 USD for toecaps

Actually, going without Norvegese might bring the focus on the shell a lot more. I like @stephenaf2003 ‘s input ... Mahogany Shell + Big Grain would have the show!!!

DL w/ toecaps

Confirmed ?
I’m down with it.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+ 55 USD for toecaps

DL w/ toecaps

Confirmed ?
Okay, confirmed

Mallaig

Reaction score
New split toes arrived today from @SoleGarb. These have been a long time in the works. One standard trial pair, a fitting with Lorenzo, and two custom trial pairs to refine the last. Lorenzo tells me that Enzo did the work on the last himself. Those of you who have followed me here and on the StC thread will know my feet are long-ish and narrow with a low instep. Pretty much the antithesis of the standard EB fit.

After a lot of effort by a lot of people; I have a pair of shoes that really fit me. Or they will once I break them in :D. Double soles and 270 degree Norvegese stitching makes for some stiff shoes. Will start the break in process tomorrow.

For reference, these are Oxblood Hatch Grain Split-Toe Derbies on 74945. Decided to go with these to dial-in the last before having some shell boots made.

IMG_1482.jpeg
IMG_1484.jpeg
IMG_1487.jpeg
IMG_1490.jpeg
IMG_1491.jpeg
IMG_1493.jpeg

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a great pair, very nicely done. The 270 Norvegese looks good there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads