• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

HurtLocker

Reaction score
Saw this sole posted on Reddit from a recent MTO. Thoughts on it vs. Topy?

Is that sueded shark? That’s crazy. I don’t think I like the way the last works with that leather, the toe just looks off, but that is a bold move indeed.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that sueded shark? That’s crazy. I don’t think I like the way the last works with that leather, the toe just looks off, but that is a bold move indeed.
Yeah, shark Nubuck with a crocodile strap

Charllesun

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a pair of black hippo boots or shoes?

Attachments

• 58A83DA2-F30E-4247-8DEF-1FAB5FFF29F0.jpeg
    58A83DA2-F30E-4247-8DEF-1FAB5FFF29F0.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 38

mugenlove

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a pair of black hippo boots or shoes?
I been waiting for a hippo makeup. But with CITIES and me being in the California. Its just not worth the work/costs. Otherwise definitely would have copped a hippo makeup

kevenmee

Reaction score
I been waiting for a hippo makeup. But with CITIES and me being in the California. Its just not worth the work/costs. Otherwise definitely would have copped a hippo makeup

Same - I was thinking of a brown hippo jumper on the 363 mod and there's only one full side with a little scarring left. Recommendation was to do a toe cap. Price was ~1500 (1050 for jumpers + 20% MTO upcharge + 200 CITES).

Also asked if Lorenzo would be keen on running more, sounds like it's not worth the hassle in general since it doesn't sell especially well and CITES are a PITA to deal with. Did ask how many orders it would take to make it worth his time but Lorenzo did say it takes about a year to secure the hides due to CITES, securing with broker, etc.

HurtLocker

Reaction score
Is it any faster if you can secure your own hide? I have family who regularly travels to Africa. Also, I think you can also purchase hides that have been through the import hoops at the safari shows.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Is it any faster if you can secure your own hide? I have family who regularly travels to Africa. Also, I think you can also purchase hides that have been through the import hoops at the safari shows.

Grey market usually ... I would strongly advise against that. You ll support illegal hunting. I don't think EB is going to work with hides that have the smallest of chance to come from illegal hunting.

kevenmee

Reaction score
Bumping the color 4 balways:
  • Upper: Smooth Color 4
  • Shaft: Hatchgrain Color 4
  • Eyelets:9 Brass eyelets (Okay with 5 eyelets, 4 speed hooks if you would like)
    • IMO, the speed hooks that Enzo uses are pretty large and I'm not a huge fan but can be persuaded otherwise
  • Welt: 270 flat with dark brown edge dressing
  • Sole:Either Vibram studded (i.e. Dainnite) or Leather + Topy
  • Last: 74945
  • Final Price: $1095
@stook1 any other adjustments - okay with the proposed eyelets? Lorenzo said we can submit with 3 and we'll likely get a 4th. If you're okay with the details, I'll post on GYW once more as well.

HurtLocker

Reaction score
Grey market usually ... I would strongly advise against that. You ll support illegal hunting. I don't think EB is going to work with hides that have the smallest of chance to come from illegal hunting.
Maybe, but the DSC show typically has lots of hides being sold by licensed PHs who deal with CITES exportation all the time for their hunting clients. At least they did this year when I was at DSC. Hunting hippos is entirely legal with the country-appropriate license.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads