1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by laufer, Jul 23, 2015.

1. wolfpacktime243

wolfpacktime243 Member

Wolfpack from reddit here - if a fourth expresses interest in either welt, I'm still in. Slight preference to the 360 though.

Also noticed the makeup has Bonafe's dainite - not that it matters in the slightest but Lorenzo does have branded Dainite now too.

2. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

So Lorenzo has informed me that he has some pretty awesome shark available for Enzo makeups, so I'm trying to revive my side zip makeup, except now in brown nubuck shark:

[​IMG]

Makeup will be:

And price should be ~$860 ($660 + ~$200 for shark, he's verifying for me now). Any interest?

I've also set up a reddit thread here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwe...erest_check_enzo_bonafé_wholecut_side_zip_in/

3. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

Hi Everyone,

My shark side zip GMTO is ready to set sail. Final details are:

Brown:

Black:

Lorenzo also sent me some extra shots of the shark so you can get some ideas about the grain. See here:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/qk7k1

The boots will look similar to this grey suede makeup makeup here, except there will be no swoopy seams on the front. Ours will also be Chelsea height instead of having a higher shaft. Lorenzo and Bonafé are pretty sure they can do it without a heel counter (especially in Chelsea height), so ideally it will only have a small seam underneath the zipper -- however they will not know for sure until they do a trail pair. But they want to have a committed group before doing the trial pair. So assume that the boot will have a heel counter, however if it is possible to do it without one (which they think it is), we'll get it without a heel counter for no upcharge. Cost will be $885 ($660 for boots + $225 for shark).

We're limited to 10 pairs in either color, so the first to send me a message either here or on reddit ( https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwe...l_details_and_committening_enzo_bonafe_shark/ ) will be in.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  4. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

2 slots of brown and 5 slots of black left on the nubuck shark side zip makeups - get in while the gettin's good!

5. grizzlygiant

grizzlygiant Senior member

[​IMG]

Looking to get this GMTO done. Please keep in mind the above is a photoshop. Price is 1050 and will be done through Mehra. Also open to Black shark for shaft.
    • Model: Art. 3824 mod
    • Upper: Dark Cognac Cordovan
    • Shaft: Black Inca (although I think Black shark could be bad ass too)
    • Last: 363 mod
    • Sole: Dainite or Commando
    • Edging: Murdered out. Aka Black.
    • Welt: 360 chain norvegese
    • Lining: Black calf
    • Pull tabs: No
    • Eyelets: 5 eyelets and 4 speedhooks in small gold (bright brass)

6. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Hey everyone,

Gauging any interest in a black whole cut.

Details:
    • Model: 3725 Whole cut shoe
    • Upper: Black Box Calf
    • Last: 946
    • Welt: Hand welted 270 deg
    • Sole: Single leather sole
    • Edge: Black edge dressing
    • Lining: Black calf linning

If you are interested please PM me. Thanks!

7. Jschoen

Jschoen Member

Hi All, I wanted to gauge interest in a pair of these single monks.

These would be on the 773 last and have a single leather sole.

These would be hand welted and have a dark brown edge.

Lining: Natural

The bottom part of the vamp would be Museum dark brown and I would keep the blue suede as the picture below.

PM me if interested.

[​IMG]

8. grizzlygiant

[​IMG]

The Dark Cognac/ Black Shark Make Up is a go. I've updated the image to reflect shark as best I can. If you're interested send me a PM. Closing on Sunday. You won't find a nicer boot. Make up is as follows:

• Model: Art. 3824 mod
    • Upper: Dark Cognac Cordovan
    • Shaft: Black Shark
    • Last: 363 mod
    • Sole: Dainite
    • Edging: Murdered out. Aka Black.
    • Welt: 360 chain norvegese
    • Lining: Black calf
    • Pull tabs: No
    • Eyelets: 5 eyelets and 4 speedhooks in small gold (bright brass)

Price is $1100 Shipped worldwide. 50% down, 50% on ship.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

10. grizzlygiant

$1100 Shipped worldwide. 50% down, 50% later.

11. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Enzo Bonafé Jumper Boot in Mahogany Cordovan GMTO
    [​IMG]

We've been able to secure a supply of Mahogany Cordovan. This is a wonderful brown hue that is really beautiful to get hold of so we're happy to have secured some Shells of this stuff from Horween. The only thing I want to know is which last you fellas would like it to be on. Let me know if you are interested and which last you prefer. Picture shows a personalised last. The specs will be as follows:

• Style 3824MOD Jumper boots
    • Last to be decided
    • Mahogany Horween Cordovan (as pictured)
    • Genuine Dainite soles
    • Natural lining
    • Hand welted
    • Visible eyelets and speed hooks (as pictured)
    • Total price: 11000 SEK including VAT
    • Total price non-EU: 8800 SEK excluding VAT
    • USD pricing for US clients 1000 USD

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  12. Vegas

Vegas Member

I'd be interested if any traction is gained with a GMTO based on the 946 last that would allow me to order in "H" width.

13. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

You can add in an order of a different width once the GMTO has at least 6 orders in standard width.

14. Vegas

Vegas Member

Understood, thanks. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

15. thatisgross

thatisgross Well-Known Member

Hey Guys, I've been in discussions with Lorenzo of Solegarb over the last couple days/weeks to make a wholecut slip on summer shoe. This is what we came up with. We are going to place the order by the end of the week, maybe sooner as we want it to arrive in the Summer, so let me know if you are interested or definitely want a spot ASAP.

This is going to based on an existing loafer/slipper model, but heavily modified as listed below.

Here are the details:

- Wholecut Slipper/Loafer, based on this model(http://i.imgur.com/IgYJ0YU.jpg), but ours will be quite different and unstructured, read on
    - 804 last
    - blake welt to make it sleek (this is shown in the picture above), natural single leather sole
    - Five brass nails at toe and topy at front(https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...VIB-Riva-F-02_grande.jpg?12295949976468038419)
    - Light brown (noix) kudu flesh seen here circled(http://i.imgur.com/QKYd5FA.jpg)
    - Completely unstructured with thin lining (no heel counter and no toe puff/box, this will make it collapsible and very easily transported in bags as the blake sole is much more flexible as well). Should be very comfortable
    - Price: $505 with topy (50% up front, 50% on delivery)
    - Should be ready by Mid Summer in June/July

Recommended sizing is 1.5 down from brannock since these will be worn sockless or with thin socks but feel free to ask here or e-mail Lorenzo for further fitting advice.

Let me know if you're in!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. archiegalloway

archiegalloway Member

Hi guys ! I've currently launched a GMTO project on r/goodyearwelt for a light tan Jodhpur with darker strap, bordeaux lining and Millerighe sole on the 804 last.

This is the spirit, although with a lighter tan as base : [​IMG]

The Betis Noce leather is the second from the left :[​IMG]

We're looking for more people to join in ! Here are the specs, some are set in stone, other may change :

- Betis Noce leather with Inca 6127/Sahara Reh/Betis Castagna strap
    - 804 last
    - Bordeaux Goat lining
    - 270 degrees handwelt with bombe waist

Finally here is the link to the reddit thread : https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/636ww6/enzo_bonafé_tan_jodhpurs_gmto/

Come join us folks !

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  17. ThunderMarch

Lol. ^^ That boot looks very familiar.

1 person likes this.
  18. archiegalloway

archiegalloway Member

Is it yours :) ? Or someone you know owns it ? Have you seen it around here ?

19. ThunderMarch

It's mine. One of my favorite pairs of boots, in fact.

20. archiegalloway

archiegalloway Member

Well they are beautiful ! I found them while looking for Millerighe sole pictures and it fit exactly the theme we were going for, a darker strap Jodhpur.

I have a question, are they 270 degrees handwelted ? Is the waist handwelted as well ?

Because I've noticed some shoes have a sleeker Blake stitched waist which is beautiful, but I'm a little worried this may make resoling difficult, and impair the sturdiness and durability of the boots ?

Also, am I not seeing right or is this a bicolored strap ?