1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by laufer, Jul 23, 2015.

1. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

Here's bonafe's version (picture courtesy of @Skoaktiebolaget / @Leaves ) :
    (ignore the gaudy colors!)
    [​IMG]
    to get the narrow/trim welt like the StC ghillie chukka thingies you might need to opt for blake construction from Bonafe, since the outsole stitch/flare on his handwelted versions are pretty wide

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  2. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

Thanks, I looked at this and it is very close to what I am looking for but is not available in my size US10, also it's more casual than what I need.

Thanks for this, it's really helpful.
    This one and the pic I provided are similar but so much different. You're right about trimming the welt but still there will be differences and I can't quite put my finger on them.

3. computingboy91

computingboy91 Senior member

This is interesting. The welt here makes a big visual difference when compared to StC. Also, it is a shame that the lake is chiseled instead of rounded.

4. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

Yes it does, I almost don't like the boot shown above even after ignoring the color scheme. Also, shape of lake does make a lot of difference and even I'd like the rounded one. To some extent I think that's a function of shape of last, as seen on Alden NST on Barrie vs Plaza.

5. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

[​IMG]
    EB tobacco Chelsea today.

6. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Enzo Bonafé Jumper Boot Dark Cognac Shell Pre-Order

Guys, the first Bonafé Jumper in Mahogany Cordovan sold out very quickly, we only had limited availability as you know. A lot of people missed out on that one so we've just launched the same style but in Horween Dark Cognac Shell. This material is darker and less reddish in the tone. This run is also very limited, we only had five available slots and two have already been booked, so only three left, send through your order ASAP if you want in on this make up. This is the pre-order link: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/ebpre3824moddcshell

[​IMG]

7. SteveL91

SteveL91 Senior member

I was able to nab one of the Mahogany slots, so in some respects, it's a relief I didn't see this in time as I really can't afford another pair with everything else I'm looking at. But in other respects: damn!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  8. DavidAE

DavidAE Active Member

Hi everybody,

Trying to make the following GMTO happen.

Enzo Bonafè Etrusco Wholecut
    Double leather sole
    Norwegian natural stitch
    Rubber topy

So, essentially we are talking this shoe

[​IMG]

on double sole and this stitch

[​IMG]

Norwegian stitch unfortunately adds a lot to the price, so Skoak priced this shoe at $625
    I also open to skip Norwegian and stick with double sole and topy which should be $548

If you are interested in this makeup please PM me.
    I am going to post this in couple other forums

Thank you

David

9. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

10. supern0va

supern0va Senior member

Cross posting from the main enzo thread
    ================

Hi all,

I am thinking of a GMTO oxford in the design of the 1st pic below.

Upper: black calf (vitello nero) - I am also open to lama in black, not sure how it will look
    Medallion on toe cap, like 1st pic
    Trim: black peccary (colour scheme is similar to the boots in the 2nd pic)
    Last: 804F
    Lining: red goat - I am also open to bordeaux goat
    hand welted
    Sole: leather sole in black, open to single or double
    Laces: thicker laces, like Skoaktiebolaget's ones :)

Any interest? Pls PM me. If we have enough I'll contact SkoakB. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  11. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

Interest check: would anyone be interested in joining a GMTO through Skoaktiebolaget for an Enzo Bonafe loafer in Oak Tärnsjö leather and a Topy Vibram sole? We'll need to garner at least four participants with standard widths and eight participants if we want the option to order varied widths and avoid the MTO surcharge.

This shoe:
    [​IMG]

With this upper:
    [​IMG]

Please send me a PM if you're interested. Thanks!

12. supern0va

supern0va Senior member

13. mavere

mavere Active Member

Trying to get more interest in a navy & navy hatch grain "Galway" boot GMTO.

Reddit link

14. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

I'm organizing a GMTO for a mahogany shell and tweed button boot through Enzo Bonafé through solegarb and am looking for interested parties. Makeup is currently:

• 804 last
    • the upper would be the pattern from the new Enzo Balway, while the shaft would be the button boot.
    • mahogany shell and Glen tweed
    • no cap toe
    • donna medallion
    • 270 degree handwelt
    • dainite soles
    • no pull tab
    • natural colored welt -- which is darker than most makers natural welt, my Enzo black shell longwings have their natural welt, see this

More details/images here on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/4j80as/interest_check_enzo_bonafe_mahogany_shell_and/

Here is an image of the glen tweed and mahogany shell pairing:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  15. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

Update on this GMTO with Solegarb for a Mahogany Shell and Glen Harris Tweed button boot, as we have room for a few more in the GMTO. IMO this is going to be really stellar. Here's the final plan for the boot:
    • 804 last
    • The upper would be the pattern from the new Enzo Balway, while the shaft would be the button boot. Lorenzo will be working with Enzo Bonafé on this new pattern, and will be covering the new pattern fee for us (~$200). He will make sure it's perfect.
    • Makeup will be Mahogany shell and glen tweed. Mahogany shell for the upper, glen tweed for the shaft.
    • no cap toe
    • donna medallion
    • 270 degree handwelt
    • no pull tab
    • midbrown welt/edging
    • The sole is the major update from last time. Talking to Lorenzo, Enzo doesn't have a sole like Carmina's tomir leather sole. They can apply topys but these are thing and just glued on. However, even better they do an island style sole, see here for an unfinished one. Basically the leather sole is cut out to have the rubber in the center. This makes the boot look like a leather sole from all angles except the bottom. I would like to use this sole, as it will allow us to have the channeled donkey back sole with all those nice Enzo detailed. This can look quite nice, see these Rozsnyai's.

The timeline will be around 5-7 months, in part due to the new pattern. The full is going to run $1185, with the usual 50% up front and 50% on delivery. Per Lorenzo the cost breakdown is $735 for a button boot, $400 for the horween shell, and $50 for the harris tweed -- all pretty standard. He's paying the new pattern fee himself. If you're interested please PM me your email so I can forward it on to Lorenzo. Right now we have room for 2-3 more in the GMTO.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  16. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

Just an update here -- we've gotten the required 5, but there's still room for 2-3 more. Lorenzo will be leaving the GMTO open for a couple more weeks if you'd like to join. Just let me know!

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  17. Monty L

Monty L Senior member

Just received my confirmation invoice yesterday for these three pairs. Please pardon the hasty screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Wow - gorgeous - love the button boots in particular.

19. Monty L

Monty L Senior member

Thanks @RogerP! They should be a nice accompaniment to the black peccary shafted ones from our prior GMTO. By the way, your blue balmoral boots are inspirational.