• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

entry level MTM/Bespoke price list for NYC

pgoat

Reaction score
I know this info is all over the forum but can we do a quick concise list (just the numbers) for up-to-date cost comparison? This would be for Entry level fabrics, obviously costs can escalate quickly with better fabrics.

I'd be interested in price options to get into a suit that is MTM / Bespoke by Mr. Ned, LS clothing, Chan (on their visits), and so on.

Here are some I know of, please feel free to grow the list:

Brooks Bros: $1500ish MTM (during events)
Leonard Logsdail: $2400 MTM / $4000ish Bespoke

cpac

Reaction score
I believe Mr. Ned is $650 for the very limited very basic 100s. $800 is the next step up and gets you a wider variety of 120s

new obsession

Reaction score
LS Mens, about $600 w/out working button holes and hand pick stitching.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding BB:

1) Does the 1500 Brooks Brothers get you decent fabric?
2) Made to Golden Fleece standard? If not how much?
3) Can you get MTM Italian-made Goldeen Fleece and if so how much?

Duveen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by new obsession
LS Mens, about $600 w/out working button holes and hand pick stitching.

Will LS do CMT with customer's own cloth, or can you only choose from their books?

new obsession

Reaction score
Will LS do CMT with customer's own cloth, or can you only choose from their books?
Without knowing what CMT is, and without having broached the subject with Izzy at LS Mens, I will say no. They do MTM from H. Freeman. That said, maybe they can send a fabric to the factory and have them do it. I really have no idea.

Give them a call - http://www.lsmensclothing.com/index.html - 212 575 0933.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
Dumb question: what does CMT stand for?

Cut Make Trim. Basically tailoring using customer's own material (COM).

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just got back from Bhambi's for some alterations. We started talking suits and they quoted me an entry level price of $1,500 ($2,000 for a super 130's fabric I liked). Full canvas, made by hand. Their sales pitch is that they copied the best attributes of Borrelli, Kiton and Brioni (they do tons of Borrelli alterations and I would assume the other brands also) and charge you less than half of those makes. Construction seemed excellent, but the cuts of the suits I saw were more Brooks Brothers than Kiton.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
During every trip, Chan has a line of fabrics on special. The price varies, but it's usually between $800 and $900 for a 2-piece suit. I remember it being as low as $730 when Vitale Barberis was the featured fabric and over $900 when Charles Clayton was the featured fabric. They have other fabrics available including Zegna, Holland & Sherry, etc., for a corresponding increase in price.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) I don't think so. I believe all production is done at Martin Greenfield's factory, but I could be wrong.

Chorse, how would you characterize Greenfield's silhouette?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads