• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

entry level MTM/Bespoke price list for NYC

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I could be entirely wrong--I only tried on one jacket--but I remember it being more English than Italian. Shoulders, though soft in their padding, were built up and extended beyond the natural end. Nice waist, skirt more open than closed. Of course it's MTM, and I think Greenfield is pretty open to what the customer wants.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Chorse, how would you characterize Greenfield's silhouette?

Greenfield-for-Brooks is pretty American. The waist can be nipped a bit but the overall effect tends to be making the suit more slender rather than making it more British military.

Shoulder is relatively soft but there is definitely some padding.

I am told he can do a rather high armhole but that is not his default.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duveen
Will LS do CMT with customer's own cloth

Izzy has done it for a friend of mine.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having gone to Greenfield directly, you can specify the cut, shape and details that you would like. I have seen him produce some really nice suits in styles and fashions that were different than Brooks standard American cut. He is averaging about $900-$1000 for basic, but nice fabric, two peice suit with working buttonholes.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beckwith
Having gone to Greenfield directly, you can specify the cut, shape and details that you would like. I have seen him produce some really nice suits in styles and fashions that were different than Brooks standard American cut. He is averaging about $900-$1000 for basic, but nice fabric, two peice suit with working buttonholes.

Interesting... I didn't think you could work directly with Greenfield.

Dapper Dandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beckwith

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how does one find Greenfield without going through Brooks Brothers? Does he have his own tailoring shop in NYC?

pgoat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelessRider
Logsdail MTM is now $2,800

Thanks, my info on him was 6 months old. Have you had any work done by LL?

mikeber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelessRider
Logsdail MTM is now $2,800

Traguardo starts at around $1,700.

TimelessRider, can you comment on Traguardo suits? They are rarely mantioned on the forums and it will be interesting to get more info about them.

mikeber

Reaction score
Regarding Martin Greenfield, as far as I know, they do not take direct retail customers. If anyone has different info, please share.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Just got back from Bhambi's for some alterations. We started talking suits and they quoted me an entry level price of $1,500 ($2,000 for a super 130's fabric I liked). Full canvas, made by hand. Their sales pitch is that they copied the best attributes of Borrelli, Kiton and Brioni (they do tons of Borrelli alterations and I would assume the other brands also) and charge you less than half of those makes. Construction seemed excellent, but the cuts of the suits I saw were more Brooks Brothers than Kiton.
Their stuff on the Bhambi manequins has a very low gorge and looks pretty unstylish to me.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or if you're paying over $2500 for a suit, you might as well go all out and pay $4000 and get highest quality bespoke. I don't understand, for instance, who on earth would buy Logsdail MTM. What's the point? If you care enough have the means for pay $2,800 for a suit, you can pay $4,000 and get the real deal. I don't get it.

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pgoat
Thanks, my info on him was 6 months old. Have you had any work done by LL?
Originally Posted by mikeber
TimelessRider, can you comment on Traguardo suits? They are rarely mantioned on the forums and it will be interesting to get more info about them.

pgoat, mikeber - I have orders in with both Logsdail MTM, and Traguardo, but neither have reached the first fitting stage yet. From what I've seen of Traguardo's work at his shop, they're quite well made. Know, however, that my priorities are fit and hopefully flattering cut--neither of which I can judge before receiving the finished product.

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Is it just me, or if you're paying over $2500 for a suit, you might as well go all out and pay $4000 and get highest quality bespoke. I don't understand, for instance, who on earth would buy Logsdail MTM. What's the point? If you care enough have the means for pay $2,800 for a suit, you can pay $4,000 and get the real deal. I don't get it.
I don't presume to speak for all Logsdail MTM customers but you are certainly correct in that it's not a huge price jump from his MTM to bespoke (at least not for one suit). My plan is to try his MTM and then, at a later stage, his bespoke and see if the difference is worth it to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads