• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENTRY LEVEL CHALLENGE - VOTE NOW

Who is the fairest squaller baller?

• Rais

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • ghdvfddzgzdzg

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • SprezzaTrash

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • notwithit

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • FrankCowperwood

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • aeglus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • colabear

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • conceptionist

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Fraiche

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorcan7

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • kindofyoung

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • adiosditto

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • nevergreen

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Thanks to all who participated. Some nice budget fits in here. Get yo votes in! Winner will be announced in a week or so.
Tried a few cheap outfits the last few days that weren't just all Nike sportswear. All have been pretty bad. This one looks alright I think, but the photos did not come out well. I might edit this and replace it later if I come up with something better before the end of the contest. I have some non-collab Uniqlo stuff that might look alright. I realised that I usually depend on one or two designer items in my outfits and without them it just gets very basic, which is okay for day to day outfits but not really interesting for the forum. Looking forward to what everyone else comes up with.
Ceremony (Korean brand): Short Sleeve Sweatshirt $AUD35 K-Mart: Long sleeve tee RRP $AUD6 Cotton On: Slouch Tapered cut denim RRP $AUD50 Adidas: Stan Smiths RRP $AUD120 Surplus: Backpack RRP $AUD30 Unbranded: Paracord bracelet off eBay RRP $AUD2 RRP Total: $AUD243 It really adds up even for cheap crap. I paid a bit less than this since most of the items were on sale, but will just use RRP for the total.
H&M knit sweater shirt thing like $20 maybe H&M jeans $30 vans vault $120 or something
I was told to post this in here! Experimenting with normcore/90's vibes. Everything is mall ****. Jacket from Gap, Jeans from pacsun, and Vans Old Skools. Favorite piece is the sweater (from J. Crew) and I really love it due to its comfort and faded color.
Only got one pic before it started raining. I'll see if I can get more (and maybe tweak the color palette?), but if I don't get the chance here's my entry.
New Look (random Asos brand) suede trucker Grana Uniqlo (from the glory days of MIJ denim) Converse The sleeve of the jacket is the same color as the body. I'm not sure why it came out looking bluish.
Sunbody/Reyn Spooner/Epaulet/What Price Glory/Novesta Total comes out to about $260 as I recall.
About as basic as it gets. Uniqlo and some custom boots that ended up being cheaper than Docs.
tumblr_oa9wb1kBBU1qcq3abo1_1280.jpg
oooooh I think I'll play
oqem48.jpg
H&M kimono shirt $40 RVCA Tiger Tee $10 clearance section of Nordy Rack Polo RL cargo shorts $90 Frye chukkas $90 from Nordy Rack grand total = $230 I beat you by $30, Mr Cowperwood hehehe
Massimo Dutti - navy towel knit blazer ($100) Zara - knit tee ($20) Zara - wool/poly gabardine double pleat cropped pants ($50) (No vis) - H&M belt ($10) Cons - CTAS 70's ox ($100)
T-Shirt by Alexander Wang
Alternative Apparel $35
Track pants by Helmut Lang
Cotton On $25
Distressed slip ons by Maison Margiela
Sanuks $60
Primark shades (~£2) Vintage - French army jacket (£51) Uniqlo - Robert Mapplethorpe print tee (£12.90) Uniqlo jeans - unpicked raw hem (msrp £29.90) Vans old skool - painted (msrp £55) ~ USD total: 199 Maybe just me, but with less going on with the fit, the temptation to mess around with the photos to make it more 'interesting' was greater. lol
H&M x2, Weekday & Dr Martens. (it's way too warm for this jacket, but wanted to take some better pictures of it anyway so)
LL
based on @basil rathbone suggestion..here is my first entry here (is it too late?
shog%5B1%5D.gif
)
Muji Indigo Shirt : 35$​
Bluesville fatigue pants : *free*​
sperry x ymc : 35$ (70%disc)​
total 70$​
uniqlo converse

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Let me know if I missed anyone. Put this poll together 3G with my phone while camping hah.

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great work coordinating everything, Basil. That must have been a nightmare doing this up on the phone. It takes ages even on the PC.
Some really nice entries from everyone.

basil rathbone

Reaction score
BUMP.

Pretty close race still. Poll closing tomorrow, so get your votes in.

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Congrats to the champion, @kindofyoung !

Thanks to all who participated! Looking forward to the next one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads