1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Entourage

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by scnupe7, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

The way I see it, Scorsese was picked because the audience at whom Entourage is targeted thinks Scorcese is a "cooler" director than Spieldberg or the other recommendations. Vince and E have been fighting incessantly to get him into roles that fit within Vince's personal tastes, so for the season to really end on a high note, they had to get him a role he'd really click with.

That, and they needed a way for all those episodes upon episodes of sacrifices and sweat to get into Smoke Jumpers to pay off in the end.

P.S. I want to see what happened to the pidgeon-holed, stereotyped, disposable writers of Smoke Jumpers.

2. jase12

jase12 Senior member

P.S. I want to see what happened to the pidgeon-holed, stereotyped, disposable writers of Smoke Jumpers.

oh yer i forgot about those guys. they will be spitting it that their movie isn't getting made. although i guess who cares if they got their hundred million or whatever right

3. Jferg4350

Jferg4350 Senior member

oh yer i forgot about those guys. they will be spitting it that their movie isn't getting made. although i guess who cares if they got their hundred million or whatever right

*1 million [​IMG]

4. jase12

jase12 Senior member

they only got 1 million? dang. oh well thats a lot of trailers and trucker hats

5. Kohan

Kohan Senior member

Wasn't it a million for the script, 3 million if the movie was actually made? I remember something like that. I guess with it cancelled they still only get the one?

And does anyone know the song/artist when they take the cab back to Queens? That was cool.

6. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

The season finale was the usual meh with a few bright moments.

7. Matt

Matt Senior member

I did like seeing Vince finally lose it. He is always so smiley and 'it'll all work out in the end'. Was good to see him reach the end of his rope.

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

They should do away with Lil Bow Wow.
    He's had his run.

9. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

I did like seeing Vince finally lose it. He is always so smiley and 'it'll all work out in the end'. Was good to see him reach the end of his rope.

Yeah, it was good see him get unexpectedly angry instead of just smiling and telling everyone it would be okay.

I liked the finale. Not perfect, but good.

10. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Yeah, it was good see him get unexpectedly angry instead of just smiling and telling everyone it would be okay.

Yeah, the problem was that this new vibe from Vince lasted all of about five minutes, maybe less, before he landed his dream role.

The whole deus ex machina didn't really work for me. But whatever. It's Entourage. For fun, not serious.

11. SField

SField Senior member

The whole deus ex machina didn't really work for me. But whatever. It's Entourage. For fun, not serious.

You summed it up much better than I could. Deus ex machina is completely right.

12. Reveille24

Reveille24 Member

I just wanted to add how much I love this show. It reminds me so much of the daily events surrounding me here in LA.

13. suited

suited Senior member

Good way to start the season.

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

ultimate bro show. probably passes for intellectualism among ed hardy fans.

15. w.mj

w.mj Senior member

I just wanted to add how much I love this show. It reminds me so much of the daily events surrounding me here in LA.

Only insofar as Hollywood is filled with d-bags.

In other news, great first episode, I thought. Granted, the episode ended without Adrian Grenier's face in the picture, which I thought was a fitting synopsis of the show's best elements.

16. willpower

willpower Senior member

I hope Ari makes fun of Loyd's sexuality. That was funny the first 200 times, it'll be hilarious the 201st one. And they'd better make fun of Johnny Drama's age. Hey E, you're short! You too, Turtle!

17. ThomasoAIK

ThomasoAIK Senior member

Ok start of the season and sloan is hot

18. premo

premo Senior member

sloan is hot

Yes.

19. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

same shit is always, but extra boring this episode. blah. obviously I will keep on watching.

20. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

same shit is always, but extra boring this episode. blah. obviously I will keep on watching.
    +1 I think I only lol'd once the whole episode, when Vince said he'd save the story about his threesome for Conan. It was cute how this episode showed how all the "boys" are growing up and drifting apart from Vince. Johnny busy with his TV show, E with Sloane and his new place, Turtle with his ridiculously hot girlfriend, and even Vince with his new found freedom granted by his drivers license (including sechs in the backseat). Even Lloyd is growing a pair and trying to move up in the world. I think the next episode might be more promising with the premiere of The Great Gatsby; curious to see if it turns into a big hit and career maker or another Medellin.