Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Entourage

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by scnupe7, Jun 17, 2005.

1. sonvolt10

sonvolt10 Well-Known Member

Agreed that Amanda and Mrs. Gold are hotties. However the hottest chick to appear on the show was E's old girlfriend played by Emmanuel Chriqui --- Schwing!!!!

2. Tourangh

Tourangh Senior member

99% of the women on entourage are amazing, it would be too difficult to choose one over the other except for emmanuel chriqui because she is off the scales hot!!!

Anyways can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet. I can't get enough entourage.

3. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm not sure I'm buying that Ari wouldn't want the studio head job. How do you leave that much money and power on the table? Especially if you're already in a profession where money and power are the name of the game? He loves his clients? Cracka, PUH-lease!

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I'm not sure I'm buying that Ari wouldn't want the studio head job. How do you leave that much money and power on the table? Especially if you're already in a profession where money and power are the name of the game? He loves his clients? Cracka, PUH-lease!
    Because he likes being his own boss - remember the previous job at Terence Stamp's agency?

5. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    it would have broken down the character development id Ari took the job.

6. Tourangh

Tourangh Senior member

If Ari took the job then we would see less of Ari and therfore the show would cease to be nearly what it was.
    The only way I thought Ari would take the job was if they were attempting to kill him off or minimize his roll in the show due to Jeremey Piven having other career opportunites.

7. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

If you guys are saying that he couldn't take the job for the sake of the show, then they shouldn't have introduced that element. Whatever - the plot of the show is totally ridiculous and I should just focus on the naked chicks.

8. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

With the caveat that I still watch it every week--is Entourage the best/most successful bad show ever (or on the other hand, the crappiest successful cable show ever)? I mean it's basically eye candy and an Ari rant trown in with some vicarious male fantasy every week and that's it. Has not changed one iota since the first episode. Even when things don't go there way in the business they are still living a dream life. There is zero character development (even when it seems like E or Turtle or Drama are going to branch out, they don't really, they end up back as the same stereotypes they've always been), and it's not like the jokes are that funny. The acting isn't good outside of Ari and a few of the better guest spots. When it first came out I thought they might capture something about the group friendship dynamic with a group of guys, but they failed to deliver on that promise whatsoever.

9. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

Because he likes being his own boss - remember the previous job at Terence Stamp's agency?

I don't know, it seems like a weak out to me.

10. suited

suited Senior member

With the caveat that I still watch it every week--is Entourage the best/most successful bad show ever (or on the other hand, the crappiest successful cable show ever)?

I mean it's basically eye candy and an Ari rant trown in with some vicarious male fantasy every week and that's it. Has not changed one iota since the first episode. Even when things don't go there way in the business they are still living a dream life. There is zero character development (even when it seems like E or Turtle or Drama are going to branch out, they don't really, they end up back as the same stereotypes they've always been), and it's not like the jokes are that funny. The acting isn't good outside of Ari and a few of the better guest spots. When it first came out I thought they might capture something about the group friendship dynamic with a group of guys, but they failed to deliver on that promise whatsoever.

My original question still remains. If the show is so awful, why are you watching it every week?

I'll also repeat another statement. I've seen shows I thought were horrible, and I never watched them again. If you truly believed the show was so bad, you wouldn't be watching it.

11. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

At least with this season I agree with Brian in questioning whether Entourage is "... the best/most successful bad show ever[...] "?

It used to a very strong show, IMO (not deep mind you but fun and it made some sense). Not this season. To answer suited, I watch it because I have nothing better to do when I view it On demand. I never watched it live because something better was on (Mad Men). However, I also didn't watch it live because I have HBO on demand but no AMC/Mad Men. Also, I continue to watch it cause I want to see what will happen next (though I am continuously dissapointed this season.

12. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

My original question still remains. If the show is so awful, why are you watching it every week? I'll also repeat another statement. I've seen shows I thought were horrible, and I never watched them again. If you truly believed the show was so bad, you wouldn't be watching it.
    There are hot girls, and I've always like Jeremy Piven, and it's only 20-25 minutes of my life a week for a few months of the year. I'm not saying it doesn't have anything to offer, but I can't see how it's defensible in any sort of objective artistic sense. I thought the first couple of seasons had some actually decent storylines and dramatic potential regarding the group dynamic of a a group of guy friends and they could've said something about fame or LA or the industry or anything, but it never delivered on that promise.

13. gdl203

I don't know, it seems like a weak out to me.
    How is that weak? There are tons of people who value that over higher potential comp. Sounds like you don't, but it's a very valid reason not to switch from business owner/operator to senior manager/employee.

There are a lot of criticisms one can raise about this show but that specific story seems totally in line with the character and his past experiences. That's why I raised the point last week.

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

No comments on the latest? I thought it was a genuinely good episode.

15. gdl203

No comments on the latest? I thought it was a genuinely good episode.

I thought it was really great. Like the story line with Ari and the interesting depth of character we're exploring this season. Also really like what's happening on the set and how Vince is slowly coming to terms with his new fallen star status. I really like how Lloyd's character is evolving too.