• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

English Premier League 2010-11 Fantasy Football

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
First game down and not a big scoring one.

My pick of the players were Hart for MC with Toure looking promising, and Barry & Defoe looking very good for Spurs. MC look like a group of individuals rather than a team...

That will change over time. I think its more to do with Mancini trying to develop a style. I thought they knocked the ball around well at times, but with only Tevez up front it was always going to be difficult to nick a goal.

As a result it already is a step forward from last season where we got 0 points vs Spurs.

Villa are looking REAL good, and with out Agbondlahor.

To quote a line from the Simpsons Beer Baron episide, "Poor Wigan".

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Good thing Blackburn won, because my fantasy team isn't doing so hot. Of course I bench Bent and he scores. D'oh!

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I love that two of my cheapest players (Samba and Givet) did the best today

Edit: forgot that the Chelsea game was still going on

dganderson

Reaction score
Hmmm.. so one of my strikers scored a penalty while the other had a hat trick. My captain also put one in. Today has been a good day.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arrrgghhh how did I miss the news about N'Zogbia - that's this weeks transfer chosen
frown.gif

Rodallega might not have much longer in my team either...

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Arrrgghhh how did I miss the news about N'Zogbia - that's this weeks transfer chosen
frown.gif

Rodallega might not have much longer in my team either...

Aye, missed that too. Stormed out of training, what a prick.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Dunn was a disappointment, 8 minutes of pitch time, seriously? And then Howard on the other side. Might pull Dunn for Larsson

Baptiste kicked ass, starting and getting a goal in his first EPL match. If he does well next match I'll sacrifice a transfer to get him on my team

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Dunn was a disappointment, 8 minutes of pitch time, seriously? And then Howard on the other side. Might pull Dunn for Larsson

Baptiste kicked ass, starting and getting a goal in his first EPL match. If he does well next match I'll sacrifice a transfer to get him on my team

If you can afford to leave him on the bench if he's still injured next match day, I'd keep Dunn. I think his potential for points, especially via goals, is much higher than Seb Larsson's, especially given the system Blackburn play. When fit (that's the rub) he's the first or second name on the team sheet.

As for Baptiste, I'd be wary of signing any Blackpool player. While today was certainly an amazing result for them, I think it's more an indictment of a shambolic Wigan performance than illustration of a superb Blackpool performance. They don't have the talent to hack it in the EPL, and I'm tipping them to go straight back down in 20th.

Just my .02 though, gotta go with your gut.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14
If you can afford to leave him on the bench if he's still injured next match day, I'd keep Dunn. I think his potential for points, especially via goals, is much higher than Seb Larsson's, especially given the system Blackburn play. When fit (that's the rub) he's the first or second name on the team sheet. As for Baptiste, I'd be wary of signing any Blackpool player. While today was certainly an amazing result for them, I think it's more an indictment of a shambolic Wigan performance than illustration of a superb Blackpool performance. They don't have the talent to hack it in the EPL, and I'm tipping them to go straight back down in 20th. Just my .02 though, gotta go with your gut.
We'll see, they play Arsenal next so I'll be very impressed if he does as well Drogba as captain has more than half of my entire team's points (unless Fabregas gets 16)
lol8[1].gif

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
We'll see, they play Arsenal next so I'll be very impressed if he does as well

Drogba as captain has more than half of my entire team's points (unless Fabregas gets 16)
lol8[1].gif

Impressive. This week has not been kind to me lol

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm telling myself we've still got games today and tomorrow so things could change yet
laugh.gif

I've got to use one transfer to get rid of N'zogbia, and with it looking like Wigan can't play without him it might be worth sacrificing points to get rid of Rodallega.

Blackpool did look much better than I expected - but I can't see them lasting the season (hope I'm wrong in a way). I'd consider risking Baptiste, Harewood or Taylor-Fletcher as subs, but not as my first choices.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm doing great too.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
I'm doing great too.

We've still got some big games this weekend
smile.gif

I'm seriously considering using my transfer wild card and radically rebuilding my team...

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've still got some big games this weekend
smile.gif

I'm seriously considering using my transfer wild card and radically rebuilding my team...

Are Van Persie, Rooney and Kuijt playing today? They'll give me large amounts of points.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Are Van Persie, Rooney and Kuijt playing today? They'll give me large amounts of points.

2 out of 3 - Rooney is tomorrow, but points from Van Persie are a bit optomistic
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads