• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

English Premier League 2010-11 Fantasy Football

Brian SD

Reaction score
I should ask myself the same question. Thankfully I didn't captain him, opting for Nani who should be netting some massive points if he does get played for both of Man Utd's games.

It's partly hopeful. I can't help but put faith in Torres when I consider his incredible highs, but recently it's been nothing but lows. The man who was thought to be the best striker in the world but two years ago has a total of I think three goals this season.

Did you watch the game? It was abysmal. I can't help but think Liverpool's manager is on his way out. Many are speculating that Kenny Dalglish will get put in as a stop-gap until the end of the season when a proper CEO and long term manager are decided on by the new ownership.

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Very 'meh' week for me. Especially after Blackburn's head-scratching loss to Bolton *sigh*. Still in 2nd at least.

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I didn't get the chance to watch the Liverpool game but I heard it landed many good fans in a collective state of depressional drinking binges. Thank God I am a Derby County fan.
laugh.gif

The fantasy week was pretty awful. I still cross my fingers for Arshevin to do something magical on Monday night. And failing that, for Vidic to be man of the match. Conflicting loyalties in the name of my fantasy team.

Need to think very carefully about next week's transfer.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
What to do with Tevez?
Is there a single forward in the EPL that's performing well enough to meet the cost of someone like Tevez? It seems like the best move right now is to invest heavily into your midfield and skimp out on your forwards. Chamakh might be a decent choice as he's been fairly consistent with scoring goals (when he plays). I've got both Caroll and Elmander, who are both relatively cheap and are consistent as well. Gyan might not be a bad choice, either.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
What to do with Tevez?
If he goes, I'd consider replacing him with Balotelli or Abedayor. I'd expect at least one of their totals to double quickly. Keep the money for another move. Hell, I've got 7.4 spare after dumping Drogba and Malouda. I have no idea where I'm going to put it. Spare money is overrated, particularly when you can get quality players that are performing, on the cheap.

cerfvolant

Reaction score
How am I still in the top 15? I haven't changed my team since gameweek 3 and I am 1 position lower than where i was then!

fairholme_wannabe

Reaction score
Not sure this really belongs here, but didn't want to start a new thread, and this was the best place for it.

Sam Allardyce has been sacked at Blackburn. Anyone have any guesses who goes where on the back of this news?

Also, there's a lot of buzz out of Emirates that Wojciech Szczesny (20 yo) is going to start his first premiership game at OT in place of an injured Flappyhandski. I am so utterly excited and terrified at the same time.

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see Avram Grant get the sack and Big Sam go to West Ham. He's an expert at rescuing teams from the drop. As for Blackburn... silly move. Unless they get one of the Martins in it's a step backward.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#\tTeam\tManager\tGW\tTOT
1\tSeychellois\tWilliam M\t32\t906
2\tCT Rangers\tSean Fox\t42\t870
3\tLee Marvin F.C.\tDr. Flowtr Clockwise\t42\t862
4\tModernAntiquarians\th s\t50\t844
5\tPSV Arabian Goggles\tcarl smith\t48\t844
6\tBDC2823\tBryan Crawford\t47\t840
7\tSomali Cats\tSesame Seed\t43\t829
8\tOrange Crush\trdawson 808\t42\t818
9\tThe Voyeur\tChris Marcel\t49\t817
10\tThe Go! Team\tKit Akira\t42\t803
11\tBrit Army\tC W\t41\t803
12\tHope before skill\tRichard Drew\t38\t789
13\tDad's Army\tM R\t33\t780
14\tGonzalo Higuain\tE Vu\t36\t777
15\tSui United\tNutthasij Klewpatinontha\t35\t773
16\tElusive FC\tS P\t42\t760
17\tRSL\tBill Cichoski\t31\t748
18\tNewYorkRanger\tRobert Rossicone\t43\t748
19\tArsenal\tDavid Anderson\t36\t743
20\tLan-WIN FC\tOlof Nilsson\t35\t701
21\tPower Puff Girls\tBilly Hoffins\t27\t687
22\tPutrid Professors\tBrian Ellis\t43\t687
23\tSF United\tJason Owen\t37\t682
24\tStu Holden's Hair\tMichael J.\t42\t682
25\tAntihero84 FC\tBob Mc\t20\t630
26\tGimpy Eleven\tAdam H\t30\t622
27\tDashaandsafin\tJack Hoff\t19\t595
28\tGunner_4_Life\tJustin Farrar-Foley\t30\t579
29\tDeceptacles\tEthan Hubler\t56\t576
30\tFC NOBD\tNOBD -\t28\t549
31\tTakashichan\tTaka OK\t38\t246

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cerfvolant
How am I still in the top 15? I haven't changed my team since gameweek 3 and I am 1 position lower than where i was then!

Probably because you are a genius. We all are. What's your esteemed team name?

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big Sam knows nothing of the Indian poultry business so he had to go. What a shame it is likely to have a negative effect on the football side of the Blackburn business. Will be interesting to see who takes that job.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I can't believe Rooney hasn't scored a goal in the run of play since March. His passing was really sharp yesterday though. Has he lost a step or something?

cerfvolant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clockwise
Probably because you are a genius. We all are. What's your esteemed team name?

Probably because I was the last person to join on Gameweek 1. I had completely forgotten about FF for a while. I'm Dad's army.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Looks like the LFC - Fulham game is going to be cancelled. Better make any last minute subs if you have 2+ Reds on your team.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads