• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

English Chukkas Width Questions

VINSON

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a pair of chukkas, preferably English. From what I've read here, the English make wider shoes than the Italians.

The problem is that my feet fit into a RM Williams Craftsman (Kangaroo) at 7H (UK Sizing).

I haven't seen any English shoe makers with H sizing for width so I'm assuming they use different sizing formulas (thanks Tarmac).

These are the ones I'm interested in now, all with G width:

Loake - Trapper
Loake - Gatcombe

but from what I've read Loake uses poor leather so..

Grenson - Ascot
Sanders - Holborn
Sanders - Highgate

Crockett & Jones - Chepstow

All of these are G width but I don't know how they compare to, say, AE PA 8EEE and RMW Craftsman 7H.

Would these at 7G be too small in width?

Staatsoper

Reaction score
I wear a 6.5 G in Sanders, which is about the same as my Allen Edmonds 7 EEE's. There is indeed an English "H" width, which corresponds to an EEEE, but H width is rare--too bad, too, 'cause it might work even better for me than a G. Pediwear, for example, only has a few styles in that width, and no chukkas.

VINSON

Reaction score
Great idea; I didn't realize RM Williams made chukkas :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads