• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered garments whipcord jacket

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can find this damn jacket so I can buy it if I like it? Thanks fellas.

Ott

Reaction score
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/explorer/203731/461722/#534526

you can find pretty much anything from EG on rakuten explorer, but its more expensive than finding it in north america. but if you're depserate enough
tounge.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't understand how those services work and I can't order something until I see it in person and try it on or at least know more about it
frown.gif

Thanks though Ott, oh and I wear a Large which they don't have anyway.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's possible that Gary Drinkwater (of Drinkwaters) could bring in the jacket for you. However, don't take this as a guarantee that he would do so, or that it is possible. The best way to find out where a piece might be found would be to email Engineered Garments. Tell them that you are on Styleforum, and are desperate to find this jacket. Tokuro is very helpful and give you the information you need.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JET, yeah, that's a very cool jacket. saw it when i was researching what the Bedford jacket looks like. i was thinking that if Gary got enough responses (or maybe even purchase guarantees) to stock that jacket, it'd be more worth his while to bring it in. i'm going to e-mail him and Tokuro like LAG mentions.

anyone else interested, do the same thing!!!

-Jeff

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Thanks Fok, Jeff

Tokuro said that no one in the states has ordered that jacket
angry.gif

I'd even be down to buy it sight unseen if I know what the texture is like and maybe a couple more pics up close.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
same here but i'd want some info on sizing since i've never ordered from EG before. i'm going to guess they're not slim fit but rather more of a true to size.

-Jeff

Originally Posted by JET
Thanks Fok, Jeff

Tokuro said that no one in the states has ordered that jacket
angry.gif

I'd even be down to buy it sight unseen if I know what the texture is like and maybe a couple more pics up close.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
That's odd I thought EG was the US brand of the Japanese company, yet it's not available in the States?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engineered Garments *is* the NYC branch of Nepenthes. However, a lot of companies, not just Japanese based branches, sell more stuff to Japan than to any other *continent*. Paul Smith's main market is Japan, and there is Spruce and Wings & Horns stuff in Japan that you never see here. Japanese retailers are great to deal with. They make large orders and pay in a timely fashion. I've not heard of one person having to chase a Japanese customer for payment. Not the same for American retailers.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
No response from Tokuro if I can find it in a L overseas. Why does everything have to be so difficult. I want that canes tan belt but nobody has pics of it on jeans either
mad.gif

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i tried emailing EG but haven't gotten a response. i'm going to try Gary sometime today.

-Jeff

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Cool cool, let me know what you find out. You and I will be the only ones with this jacket in the country!
crackup[1].gif

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
I did get a response from Tokuro about a blue plaid workshirt from last season.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately the item is sold out.

Since we are not selling our merchandise directly.
If you can't find the item you are looking for in the future, please request to the stockist nearest from you to order it.
If we have the item, we can send it to the stockist soon.

Thank you again!

Engineered Garments.
So yeah, it would make sense just to call your favorite stockist and ask them to order it, and before they sell out of that item.

I've emailed Gary before, and he's great. I haven't bought anything from him yet, but he is very helpful and responsive.

Ott

Reaction score
this might not be the place to ask this, but is there anywhere that I can see more pictures of the Bedford Herringbone jacket?

Aside from the site posted above, and steven alan, and the official EG site...

I need more pictures!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics