• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS SS20

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would take you up on that if I were 13 years old again!
Nepenthes NY usually has a big stock of quick-release belts in store. Worth emailing them for sizes.

Alesha

Reaction score
Just received my first parcel from Nepenthes NY. And there is smth new for ss20 ?
EEBA6D34-A1E7-47F5-AFB0-ACC02DB2E51D.jpeg
1CE1B640-F0DE-47C1-BAB1-50C36F149B2B.jpeg

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Just picked up the camp shirt in black floral print (100% rayon), size small. The sizing is wild! I own another camp shirt from this season (100% cotton), also size small, and that shirt fit me relaxed but quite well.

Measurements on the small rayon shirt:
chest - 24"
shoulder - 20"
length - 30"

Almost 2" larger in all dimensions compared to my other shirt! Is this because I should expect a lot of shrinkage from the fabric? Any owners of this shirt have experience with washing? The tag says hand wash and line dry or dry clean.

I'm considering risking a machine wash and maybe tumble dry to get a fit more to my liking. Bad idea?

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Thanks for the data points! I'll probably try just a machine wash first to see what happens. I like a relaxed fit but this is a bit much for me.

Reading up on the tensile properties of rayon, it is apparently also prone to warping/distortion as well as shrinking. Anybody notice any of that happen? I'd hate to make the situation worse.

trancebepopulate

Reaction score
I have the Hawaiian floral camp shirt from last year, also 100% rayon. It has shrunken at least 1 size after a cold machine wash, now it fits slim instead of the relaxed fit I prefer.

Good to know - I have worn mine like once and never washed it because it was so big on me.

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
Just note, that rayon is meant to be dry clean only. Every time you wash it, you may experience shrinkage. it's not like cotton, where it reaches a point where it won't get smaller. I washed my camp shirt once in cold and it was fine, only to wash it again and have it shrink a whole size. So just be aware.

Phullyman

Reaction score
Just note, that rayon is meant to be dry clean only. Every time you wash it, you may experience shrinkage. it's not like cotton, where it reaches a point where it won't get smaller. I washed my camp shirt once in cold and it was fine, only to wash it again and have it shrink a whole size. So just be aware.

Just had the same experience as you.

I had washed my rayon camp shirt twice with no shrinkage and today for the 3rd time and it shrunk about half a size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads