• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS SS20

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Why dick around with something that's not made for something like diapers. These are our neighbors and customers and they do it right. https://www.diaperlab.com

El QUaG

Reaction score
@GeorgeC Hey mate, I am a father with a toddler and continue to use the EG Country Tote bag in heavy canvas from FW16 (might be tricky to easily find one of these), and then supplement with a Tote Savvy that helps compartmentalise and separate everything (used diapers, changing mat, hand sanitiser, spare clothes etc etc).

There are other brands similar to Tote Savvy, so might be worth looking into options that work best for your needs.

You could also use a Filson tote bag (I've used the Tote Savvy on both open and zipped versions). I have on occasion also used the EG Carry All Tote (I have a bunch of these in all types of soft and firm fabrics) but the lack of structure will be annoying (fair warning) but I just generally use that when using a stroller and tuck it under the seat.

B766EEE102744590B4DC64003AD178F0.jpg

wsumarine

Reaction score
Has anyone picked up a field vest in micro-ripstop? I'm curious about the fabric. Will it hold up for more than a season? In some pictures it appears to be partially transparent.

Unfortunately, I waited too long to seek out the vest in navy pc poplin.

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
Whilst the fabric is ultra-lightweight it is very robust. I can't see any reason why it would not hold up.

ricebomb

Reaction score
Has anyone picked up a field vest in micro-ripstop? I'm curious about the fabric. Will it hold up for more than a season? In some pictures it appears to be partially transparent.

Unfortunately, I waited too long to seek out the vest in navy pc poplin.

I have the S/S Cover Vest from last year made of the same material, so I can chime in a bit. I don't know how sturdy it is after a certain duration, but the fabric is pretty light and does feel a bit "thin." Makes a good lightweight fabric for layering over in warmer temps, but in comparison to the PC fabric, it obviously doesn't feel as substantial.

Out of curiosity, what size were you looking for with the Navy PC Field vest? I bought a size Small from this season that remains unworn, having debated on whether to keep it or not due to sizing.

Last edited:

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone seen this jacket + fabric combo anywhere?

Attachments

• 00008-Engineered-Garments-Mens-Spring-2020.jpg
    00008-Engineered-Garments-Mens-Spring-2020.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 261

illiterate

Reaction score
Anybody know if they're doing another run of the Tricker's x Nepenthes shoes this year? The Japanese Nepenthes social media accounts started featuring/advertising them a lot recently so I thought maybe something was coming down the pipe.

Lendo

Reaction score
A bit late in the season, but can anyone comment on the sizing of the ghurka shorts? Wondering as a 32-34 if I can go down to a Small based on the fit from last year, had the patchwork Ghurkas in Medium and they ended up being pretty oversized.

hobojones

Reaction score
Nepenthes NY sale started today as well as nepenthes Japan if you want something proxied.

Most colors of FA pants on sale, though I snagged the last olive.

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is an NB jacket in navy tropical wool available anywhere? Or any jacket that isn’t the Andover really.

Symphony

Reaction score
Uhh there wouldn't happen to be a place where I can get some EG repaired, is there? I know it's a shot in the dark, but I think it's worth a try.

I have the patchwork painters pants in navy, but it's a little faded and the ropes for the cinches are missing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads