• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS SS20

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
If you want to wear the vests under a jacket take your normal size if you want to wear them over a jacket then size up one.

falgfalg

Reaction score
@horryshiet I have a few EG vests (older field vest, upland, and fowl), and I wear my normal size in all of them. I'm not sure how these newer vests fit, but they are made to be worn over clothes already (I don't recommend vest + no shirt as a look). I guess if you sized up that would give you enough clearance over pretty much any jacket, but i think at your normal size it will already be on the bigger side to accommodate that already.

illiterate

Reaction score
Does the FA pant have any stretch around the waist? Debating on getting a pair but can't decide if I should get a S or M. Usually I'm a ~33" waist.

horryshiet

Reaction score
Does the FA pant have any stretch around the waist? Debating on getting a pair but can't decide if I should get a S or M. Usually I'm a ~33" waist.

I actually found the FA pant to fit noticeably tighter around the waist when compared to my SS20 fatigues and painters.

When I’ve got the FA pants buttoned up, there is pretty much no extra room around the waist. I don’t even need to use the internal drawstring.

As for the SS20 fatigues and painters, there’s like an extra inch and a half of room around the waist. I have to wear a belt and use the drawstrings.

FYI - I’m a size S.

illiterate

Reaction score
I actually found the FA pant to fit noticeably tighter around the waist when compared to my SS20 fatigues and painters.

When I’ve got the FA pants buttoned up, there is pretty much no extra room around the waist. I don’t even need to use the internal drawstring.

As for the SS20 fatigues and painters, there’s like an extra inch and a half of room around the waist. I have to wear a belt and use the drawstrings.

FYI - I’m a size S.
Appreciate the response. Will probably go for a M then.

GeorgeC

Reaction score
Diaper bags : any dad here got a suggestion for a good bag that could work as diaper bag from EG or other brand? Thanks!

blackcheer

Reaction score
Diaper bags : any dad here got a suggestion for a good bag that could work as diaper bag from EG or other brand? Thanks!

I like the Sherpa bag from Taikan!

66D84D52-1257-486E-9FDB-0AC8F6837DB2.jpeg

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I used a diaper bag, the most important consideration for me was could it fit in the storage area under the stroller seat. That Sunforger looks too big to fit under some strollers.

Multiple compartments and pockets are helpful, because you have different categories of stuff to separate. Bottles, snacks, etc. in one area. Diapers, wipes, etc. in another. Small toys in another.

The bag will get dirty, because it’s gonna get put down on every possible surface, and things are gonna drip and spill on the inside. Having something that can clean easily can be useful. I appreciate a canvas Filson bag with some patina, but that doesn’t wash as easily as a bag made out of nylon.

A messenger bag style works better than a tote, which doesn’t always leave both hands free, or a backpack, which you can’t quickly access while wearing.

For a bag that works with the EG aesthetic and fits these criteria, I’d suggest a Porter-Yoshida messenger bag. I have the three-way that converts to a backpack. The backpack functionality can be useful if you’re traveling and want to use it every once in a while as a backpack. And the bag is still useful post-baby time.

GeorgeC

Reaction score
Nice @zalb916 ! Definitely considering messenger more than tote. And i like the Yoshida Porters but the price tag stings. Might have to bite the bullet....

atlr

Reaction score
Cheaper option might be a Patagonia packable tote/backpack? I've had mine for years. Easy to use in many ways and super easy to wash/keep clean. Works well with certain styles of EG – perhaps not so much with the tweed-y three piece suit style though. Depends what you are into.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads