• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS SS20

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as you have a 4 > 5 inch margin between the last button and bottom of shirt tail. Additionally, some shirt tails in the back are marginally longer than the front. Make sure your tailor pays attention to that. It's these ******* details that that drive me crazy. Attention to detail is my goalpost and I hope you strive for the same results. Also @Komuga the untuck shirt thing is dead, kaput, not a thing anymore.

i was planning on going to you guys for the tailoring.

0ldb0y

Reaction score
what did you have the tailor do? Is it realistic to shorten length by multiple inches?
I got the back hemmed by 2 inches and the front around 1-1.5. The shirt fits much better, just make sure the tailor keeps the EG label.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the back hemmed by 2 inches and the front around 1-1.5. The shirt fits much better, just make sure the tailor keeps the EG label.

i don’t know how The new mediums are way too big on me when I have a 42” chest... I wasn’t paying attention to the measurements before, but even smalls measurements are huge for a casual shirt. It’s odd cus it’s a japanese brand and I’m bigger than 99% of japanese people. I’m typically in between a medium and large in every other brand. I’m just salty cus I hate having to return stuff and this season has been awful for me in that regard due to sizing.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i don’t know how The new mediums are way too big on me when I have a 42” chest... I wasn’t paying attention to the measurements before, but even smalls measurements are huge for a casual shirt. It’s odd cus it’s a japanese brand and I’m bigger than 99% of japanese people. I’m typically in between a medium and large in every other brand. I’m just salty cus I hate having to return stuff and this season has been awful for me in that regard due to sizing.

Daiki is about 6' , 185. When I compare todays sizing to when we first starting offering the brand in 2004 (still own quite a bit), the sizes are not that far off. And, when you observe what's trending in fashion, slim is dead.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the direction EG is going. I used to be a medium across the board—most of my EG shirts from 2013-2017 measure around 21" P2P. Now, I'm not sure what I am. A 2020 medium is 24" P2P, which makes me look like a kid wearing his dad's clothes. If I size down one (or two), the proportions get off. You really need the right body type to pull off EG, now more than ever.

trancebepopulate

Reaction score
I think word on the street is that sizes are getting smaller starting next season. I'm looking forward to it as I have the same issue now: my usual size is too large and if I size down the sleeves are too short.

illiterate

Reaction score
Small fits me perfectly when it comes to the recent season of shirting but god damn are they needlessly long.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I just am not into the avante garde direction that eg sometimes goes. I like the basics. A nice workshirt, pair of fatigues that doesnt look sloppy, and a bedford jacket to top it off.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think a fresh direction detracts from that. EG will always make these things.
They make them but some seasons the fit is too sloppy like this season

ramdomthought

Reaction score
I like the fit of the shirts this season

the CL andover suit I got from @shopcanoeclub is the first andover that fits me how i've wanted them to fit. Shirting is long but that's been the look i dig and goes well with the larger silhouettes (at least in my taste)

If anyone gets any size small final sale shirts this season that they don't want...

withbluejeans

Reaction score
Looking for some nice classic fit fatigue pants in navy - what do people think of this season's offerings? Would any recommend going another direction, like Orslow?

illiterate

Reaction score
Looking for some nice classic fit fatigue pants in navy - what do people think of this season's offerings? Would any recommend going another direction, like Orslow?
I prefer OrSlow due to the slimmer silhouette and nicer fabric compared to EG's ripstop or twill.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads