• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ENGINEERED GARMENTS SS20

El QUaG

Reaction score
@GeorgeC Hey mate, I am a father with a toddler and continue to use the EG Country Tote bag in heavy canvas from FW16 (might be tricky to easily find one of these), and then supplement with a Tote Savvy that helps compartmentalise and separate everything (used diapers, changing mat, hand sanitiser, spare clothes etc etc).

There are other brands similar to Tote Savvy, so might be worth looking into options that work best for your needs.

You could also use a Filson tote bag (I've used the Tote Savvy on both open and zipped versions). I have on occasion also used the EG Carry All Tote (I have a bunch of these in all types of soft and firm fabrics) but the lack of structure will be annoying (fair warning) but I just generally use that when using a stroller and tuck it under the seat.

B766EEE102744590B4DC64003AD178F0.jpg

wsumarine

Reaction score
Has anyone picked up a field vest in micro-ripstop? I'm curious about the fabric. Will it hold up for more than a season? In some pictures it appears to be partially transparent.

Unfortunately, I waited too long to seek out the vest in navy pc poplin.

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
Whilst the fabric is ultra-lightweight it is very robust. I can't see any reason why it would not hold up.

ricebomb

Reaction score
Has anyone picked up a field vest in micro-ripstop? I'm curious about the fabric. Will it hold up for more than a season? In some pictures it appears to be partially transparent.

Unfortunately, I waited too long to seek out the vest in navy pc poplin.
I have the S/S Cover Vest from last year made of the same material, so I can chime in a bit. I don't know how sturdy it is after a certain duration, but the fabric is pretty light and does feel a bit "thin." Makes a good lightweight fabric for layering over in warmer temps, but in comparison to the PC fabric, it obviously doesn't feel as substantial.

Out of curiosity, what size were you looking for with the Navy PC Field vest? I bought a size Small from this season that remains unworn, having debated on whether to keep it or not due to sizing.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.