• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS15

Knight

Reaction score

@Knight Can you disclose your source for those details?:marchal:

No problems, I'm lucky enough to have received a lookbook, but for the colours / fabrics etc why Steven and Gary from Drinkwaters of course :)

Last edited:

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Ken P – I stand corrected. Do you have examples from any prior seasons?

Sorry for the late reply, as someone mentioned Loftman did the "Andford" Jacket. Freak's Store had a chesterfield and a storm coat last spring. They are no longer up the website but they also had their own jacket and pant which can seen below. I didn't save a picture of it but I think they had a double breasted jacket either last spring or last fall too. EDIT: Found it on Y!JP: http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n144310448
Jacket:

Pant:

Last edited:

eluther

Reaction score
Damn – I'm into those hippie-print capris. Thanks, Ken P.

eluther

Reaction score

No problem, I really want a pair of those too. I saw a size small (33 waist?) on Y!JP today if anyone is interested.

Can you link me to it? I'm usually a M, but that might work.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Drinkwaters when will you be announcing your SS stock list? I see a few things starting to pop up that I dig but would prefer to buy locally

BlakeRVA

Reaction score

Love this tie!
@Drinkwaters when will you be announcing your SS stock list? I see a few things starting to pop up that I dig but would prefer to buy locally

It's pretty crazy that Spring stuff is arriving in the beginning of January, and A/W stuff went on sale before Christmas this past year. I'm excited to see all the new stuff begin to roll in however!

Dino19

Reaction score
Love this tie!

It's pretty crazy that Spring stuff is arriving in the beginning of January, and A/W stuff went on sale before Christmas this past year. I'm excited to see all the new stuff begin to roll in however!

Spring stuff appeared as early as late December and ya, sale started before Christmas. Anything to do with the economy?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Few bits up on Indigo & Cotton.

I don't really like their buys. They're so conservative and boring. Often times they don't even carry XL.

Love this tie!

Eh, if you go back in this thread six months ago you will see that many of the stockists buys were already being tossed around and orders for certain garments were being filled. I think I saw the Brown Homespun Bedford in September, and by that point it was virtually impossible to get it in an XXL.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
I don't really like their buys. They're so conservative and boring. Often times they don't even carry XL.
Eh, if you go back in this thread six months ago you will see that many of the stockists buys were already being tossed around and orders for certain garments were being filled. I think I saw the Brown Homespun Bedford in September, and by that point it was virtually impossible to get it in an XXL.
No doubt stores are placing their orders far before it's actually time for the garments to arrive. However, historically you didn't really see Spring garments begin to show up online and in stores until late January / early February and those were the early arrivals. Lots of retail stores didn't begin to mark down their Autumn / Winter merchandise until around this time as well. That is why I find it so odd you see stores putting their merchandise 50% off before Christmas. As far as Indigo and Cotton, I agree with you. However, you must keep in mind where the store is located (Charleston, South Carolina). Beautiful town, however not very progressive clothing wise.
Spring stuff appeared as early as late December and ya, sale started before Christmas. Anything to do with the economy?
From what I remember, a lot of the stores that I like (most of which carry EG) didn't begin their sales until February, although some of the bigger stores like Barneys, Mr. Porter etc. would start them earlier. I think it probably has more to do with competition than it does the economy. If one store with a similar selection of clothing as yours begins marking their clothes down before Christmas it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on you to begin to do the same. This is especially true with the increasing availability of the internet. Which has resulted in many people who follow brands closely now knowing other ways to get the brands they love. As many people know, many retailers proportionally move the majority of their merchandise in the Christmas season. So if someone is trying to undercut you by putting their items on sale, you are definitely going to follow suit. I believe this will result in pros and cons overtime. Brick and mortar stores need to have clothing in their stores. So, with winter merchandise being moved so quickly, they need to bring their Spring merchandise in sooner than before. It wouldn't surprise me if over time you began seeing Spring trickle in as early as November or even October. Anyways, just my two cents. I could be totally would.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but you guys i haven't even copped everything i want for fw this season, no way i'm ready to start copping ss!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads