Engineered Garments SS12

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Dec 13, 2011.

1. robin

robin Senior member

2. slide13

slide13 Senior member

If they are mismatched then you'd think they would show the pair.....what does the other look like?

3. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

I bet the green and yellow are reversed or something.

4. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

The other flip-flop is blue/red.

5. catchh

catchh Senior member

I wouldn't be surprised if became the new trend(mis-match).

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012

6. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Not sure I would like mis-matched colors...but I love their wing tip shoes where they mis-match smooth and Scotch grain leathers for the different parts of the shoe. Wish I had a pair of those....

7. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

I like the idea of a flip flop being introduced and with all the floral and beach oriented stuff, it works. BUT I have a problem with flip flops
    Men tend to forget about the appearance and condition of their feet, especially their toes. Yeck, have you ever taken a look down there. Ever heard of a pedicure dude, you even get a back massage at the same time. Wow, I'm sorry if I ruined anyones breakfast while reading this but really!

8. slide13

slide13 Senior member

^ agreed! Flip-flops have a time and a place. Beach, really hot day having a bar-b-q, etc. They are not meant for general wear, but they serve a purpose.

Unfortunately I work at a place where summertime casual wear is typically cargo shorts, a t-shirt, and flip-flops. There are some guys that wear them every day who should never, ever, show their feet in public...absolutely disgusting. I'm fortunate that with little more than nail clippers my feet are at least presentable I feel. I tend to wear boat shoes or some sort of slip on moccasin most of the time, but if I'm going to be outside for a while and it's really hot, my feet sweat to much. Sandals provide that necessary bit of air-flow to keep things comfortable. Since almost all sandals pretty much look like crap, might as well keep it simple and go with flip-flops.

Not sure I'll be dropping $80 for EG ones....but I'm admittedly such a sucker for EG stuff that I just might.

9. slide13

slide13 Senior member

anybody know how the fit of the miner shirt compares to the work shirts for this season???

10. superego

superego Senior member

I think both of you are conflating the suitability of flip-flops in general with the condition of the wearer's feet. Totally different things.

Generally, I don't have a problem with flip-flops, anymore than I do with espadrilles or topsiders for summer footwear--it's hot during the summer and sometimes (most days) I just don't feel like wearing loafers sans socks to adhere to some GQ-deigned concept of acceptable male fashion.

That said, like with anything, if someone is going to wear flip-flops he should take heed that his feet are in reasonable condition. The same way I wouldn't advocate slim fitting jeans for someone who's grossly overweight, I'd advise against flip-flops for fellas with gruesome-looking feet.

11. mtre

mtre Senior member

12. HuggyGiraffe

HuggyGiraffe Senior member

Thank you. It's a great jacket. Too much good stuff to choose from again this season.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

13. HuggyGiraffe

HuggyGiraffe Senior member

Garbstore has been the first shop in Europe to put EG online for the last couple of years. I am now looking at the Fatigue pants....they're definitely slimmer, but still too baggy for my taste. I'd never wear such trousers in an urban environment.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

14. catchh

catchh Senior member

Just curious as I'm looking to buy a 2nd EG Jacket… do you guys size up in jackets?

I had to size up to a M in the North Wood Jacket as the S was to tight in the armpit and shoulders.

15. S-NMBR

S-NMBR Senior member

I size up, but just because, for me, EG jackest are too smaller in chest when I try my regular size.
    By the way, sizing up, I find the sleeves are too longer.