Engineered Garments SS12

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

This is uhh very trippy

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Shitty video processing adds to the creepyness

3. Master Milano

LOL apparently they were going for a 1970s music video vibe. Not sure how true that is. TBH sometimes i find them dressing up the mannequin for a fitpic really creepy as well.

4. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

^ you mean those vomit inducing graphic smudges (i dont even know what the technical term is) are done on purpose?

5. Master Milano

Yup,at least their clothing pieces are good...

6. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I thought it was amateur video by some kids shooting their own clothes. :uhoh:

7. catchh

catchh Senior member

No problem! :)

8. JRS1979

JRS1979 Senior member

Sized up on this seasons Bedford. Arrived today but it's too big. Fits ok from the front, but there's a massive flair on the back where the excess material gathers. I'd say go true on these. Anyone seen a Small Navy available online anywhere?

9. the_state

the_state Senior member

Definitely stay true to typical bedford size this season. It will be a hair on the slim side, but no reason to go above your normal size.

The work shirts, however.... jesus. I tried one on in madras yesterday and was barely able to get a L to button. I have 3 EG work shirts in L from the past few seasons and they all fit great. This season's XL is very close to past season's L (but a little longer). I hope its not the same for all other shirts.

10. catchh

catchh Senior member

I had to size up on the paisley camp shirt from S to a M. The dayton shirt fits good at size S, no need to size up for that shirt. Seems like a lot of stuff is all mixed up for sizing.

11. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Workshirts are pretty slim this season. I have lots of larges (and even one medium) from seasons past that all fit great. This season I picked up a large chambray which is really slim on me, and I had to size up on the natural sheeting shirt to an XL because it was even a little slimmer. Unfortunately the XL is pretty big and rather long....but it works, for some reason I like a nice losse fitting white shirt for summer wear. I also tried a lightweight indigo denim workshirt and it fit fine in a large, definitely the least slim of the bunch for SS12.

12. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Anybody tried the Chauncey shirts?

13. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Correct, according to Nepenthes guys. They basically said, "You need to try on everything, different pieces all fit differently and even different fabrics in the same pieces can fit differently."

14. mtre

mtre Senior member

Yes I've got the Blue Floral version in a medium, I'd pretty much say it fits true to size. I'll post up measurements later...

15. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

I just got my navy mini polka dot Andover from Context. It's really really nice and fits very slim. I would say the Context measurements are pretty spot on. I don't mind it fitting slim as I probably won't layer too much underneath. This is my first outerwear piece from EG (I have a few shirts) and I'm really impressed with the quality and construction. It doesn't surprise me that the only size they have left is M. Glad I pounced on the XS while they had 2 left.