Engineered Garments SS11

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Dec 3, 2010.

1. blklblk

blklblk Senior member

Everyone, thanks for the information about the Band Collar Shirt.

On another note, I received my Work Shirt in Cream Navy Polka Dot from Bow + Arrows today. Here are my thoughts. The fit is slimmer than the s/s 2010 work shirts. If you prefer the loose EG fit/style I recommend sizing up this season. In my opinion, this is going to be what I call a pit stain shirt. There is not much room in the armpit. The weight of the fabric is exactly how blake described it in his affiliate thread. Not as heavy as an oxford but not as thin as a dress shirt. I would describe it thin but somewhat stiff. Overall, it is a great shirt.

Here is a fit pic. Do you guys think I should size up? Thanks

[​IMG]

Looks good!

I know what your saying about the "pits".. I sized up initially when we took pics for the shop.. but then had to retake the work shirt photo because the sleeves just look wonky on the larger size.. but the pits felt sooooo much better..

personally.. i may pass on the work shirts this season and cop the engineer jacket instead.. that and the charcoal navy baker are f*cking awesome!

2. FatMod

FatMod Senior member

Whats the fit like with the collar sizing? I like to wear mine fully buttoned and thinking of getting the polka dot to team with the navy bedford.

I'm not sure how you guys measure collars in the states but i need a medium shirt with around a 15.5 collar to 16.

3. blklblk

blklblk Senior member

Whats the fit like with the collar sizing? I like to wear mine fully buttoned and thinking of getting the polka dot to team with the navy bedford.

I'm not sure how you guys measure collars in the states but i need a medium shirt with around a 15.5 collar to 16.

How would you measure the collar? Ill take a shot at it in the morning!

4. FatMod

FatMod Senior member

I think you would just need to button it up and measure it as you would a waist line, or run a tape all around the circumference - cheers in advance for any info on sizing.

5. prurient

prurient Senior member

Fatigue were $175 or 178$... Something like that.

About the black polka dot Bedford... It was there, but I didn't try it on.

6. raven37457

raven37457 Senior member

Hey everyone, thanks for the commets! Toru, I am going to keep the work shirt for now. I plan on stopping by Nepenthes tomorrow. If they have a Large I will try it on. Either way, I am going to discuss the fit with whoever is there (Angelo, Shimon, etc.). However, I think Sam is right, the large is too big in the sleeves and possibly the shoulders. Also, the arm pit does not bother me but the cut in the armpit area is distinct compared to prior seasons. Not a lot of room. As for the collar, I cannot button the collar but I have an abnormally large neck (approx 18") due to heavy weightlifting in high school. I am paying for it now! Also, please note, the Nepenthes store has their F/W 2010 EG stock at up to 30% off starting this weekend. I hope this helps.

7. raven37457

raven37457 Senior member

Fatigue were $175 or 178$... Something like that. About the black polka dot Bedford... It was there, but I didn't try it on.
    Thanks for the price! The outfit does look stellar!

8. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

The fit looks good on you and I wouldn't size up. As for pit staining, a note to everyone who get staining from perspiring, stop using deodorant with aluminum in it.

Everyone, thanks for the information about the Band Collar Shirt.

On another note, I received my Work Shirt in Cream Navy Polka Dot from Bow + Arrows today. Here are my thoughts. The fit is slimmer than the s/s 2010 work shirts. If you prefer the loose EG fit/style I recommend sizing up this season. In my opinion, this is going to be what I call a pit stain shirt. There is not much room in the armpit. The weight of the fabric is exactly how blake described it in his affiliate thread. Not as heavy as an oxford but not as thin as a dress shirt. I would describe it thin but somewhat stiff. Overall, it is a great shirt.

Here is a fit pic. Do you guys think I should size up? Thanks

[​IMG]

9. raven37457

raven37457 Senior member

The fit looks good on you and I wouldn't size up. As for pit staining, a note to everyone who get staining from perspiring, stop using deodorant with aluminum in it.

Thanks Gary, I use Toms aluminum free! I was just worried it would stain nonetheless. Thanks for the advice.

10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah i def agree that this season is smaller/slimmer than before.

i have workshirts from last season and 09 and always took XS and im a 36r.

i got the CPO from gary in XS and it fits well in the body and chest but the sleeves are too short. so i have it available if you want pm me. if not it will go back and get exchanged

the engineer jacket i got from context was f/w 10 and that fits well and sleeves are fine ... so it must be the s/s11 dimensions

11. blklblk

blklblk Senior member

I measured a 15 inch collar with the medium....

12. david809

david809 Well-Known Member

Agree that the shirt fit is slimmer this year, narrower in the shoulder and under the arm, which makes the shirt feel like it is riding into your armpit. I would not size up, however. I am 40" in the chest and 32" in the waist, the medium fits snug but fine. Re: sleeve length, I am 34" and the medium sleeve is perfect.

Raven, the shoulder looks right on your shirt, I would not size up. There is a bit of pull on the second button but not a big deal, and not enough to size up.

On the polka dot workshirt, the medium collar measures out to 15". I wear a 15.5" dress shirt, and I can button the top button on the workshirt, but it is slightly uncomfortable. I could see for a prolonged wear, it would get irritating.

As an aside, what do folks think about the transparency of the polka dot workshirt? I don't really notice it except when I pair with dark denim, then you can tell. You can see what I mean in raven's photo. I hate to wear undershirts, especially with spring/summer shirts, but maybe I will get a grey a-shirt. What do you guys think?

13. raven37457

raven37457 Senior member

Agree that the shirt fit is slimmer this year, narrower in the shoulder and under the arm, which makes the shirt feel like it is riding into your armpit. I would not size up, however. I am 40" in the chest and 32" in the waist, the medium fits snug but fine. Re: sleeve length, I am 34" and the medium sleeve is perfect. Raven, the shoulder looks right on your shirt, I would not size up. There is a bit of pull on the second button but not a big deal, and not enough to size up. On the polka dot workshirt, the medium collar measures out to 15". I wear a 15.5" dress shirt, and I can button the top button on the workshirt, but it is slightly uncomfortable. I could see for a prolonged wear, it would get irritating. As an aside, what do folks think about the transparency of the polka dot workshirt? I don't really notice it except when I pair with dark denim, then you can tell. You can see what I mean in raven's photo. I hate to wear undershirts, especially with spring/summer shirts, but maybe I will get a grey a-shirt. What do you guys think?
    Yeah, I decided to keep the work shirt. The second button was my only concern but I usually keep it unbuttoned during the spring and summer, especially if it is extremely hot. I am NOT a formal person in this sense. The transparency is prevalent. I am not sure how it is going to look in the summer. For example, I love to go to the beach and swimming club to tan and I get really dark. I think it could have been design intentional to play off the white/cream and make the shirt look more beige. We will see. Also, I never wear t-shirts under a BD in the summer. In my opinion, it is a sin. Plus, this shirt will look way too tight with a t given its slim fit.

14. blklblk

blklblk Senior member

Agree that the shirt fit is slimmer this year, narrower in the shoulder and under the arm, which makes the shirt feel like it is riding into your armpit. I would not size up, however. I am 40" in the chest and 32" in the waist, the medium fits snug but fine. Re: sleeve length, I am 34" and the medium sleeve is perfect.

Raven, the shoulder looks right on your shirt, I would not size up. There is a bit of pull on the second button but not a big deal, and not enough to size up.

On the polka dot workshirt, the medium collar measures out to 15". I wear a 15.5" dress shirt, and I can button the top button on the workshirt, but it is slightly uncomfortable. I could see for a prolonged wear, it would get irritating.

As an aside, what do folks think about the transparency of the polka dot workshirt? I don't really notice it except when I pair with dark denim, then you can tell. You can see what I mean in raven's photo. I hate to wear undershirts, especially with spring/summer shirts, but maybe I will get a grey a-shirt. What do you guys think?

Well said.

15. mtre

mtre Senior member

Anyone know where I can get a pair of Olive Desert Pants Size 32 by 34 L, who will also ship to the UK?

Thanks