• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 21

farood

Reaction score

00007-engineered-garments-RTW-fall-21.jpg

Looks like there is more egxbarbour en route as well
This is a field parka, not the collaboration.
But there is a collaboration, at least on quilted pieces.

Good news too is the return of the hidden pocket on the fatigue pants

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
This season doesn't do anything particularly for me, but I'm very excited about FW21. I'll admit I've been a critic over the years, but I've recently came to the realization that no single designer can release two seasonal collections for 10+ years and have it resonate with me every time. The silhouettes, fabrication, points of reference, and details have all evolved over time, but the core qualities that made EG special are still there. The brand is still whimsical and eccentric, yet wearable and detail-oriented.

Personally, EG was an entry point into "fashion" that I lingered on for almost 10 years wearing EG and adjacent brands exclusively. Overtime, this got dull and repetitive before I realized how high of expectations I was placing on a select group of brands to constantly scratch my itch for novelty and excitement. As a result, over the past 6 months I've been exploring other brands and begun following my curiosity in fashion without being too focused on a destination. It's renewed the sense of excitement I had for clothes, self-expression and ultimately helped me take a step back to appreciate EG.

If that's you too - take a break from the familiar (workwear, Japanese, Americana, Ivy). Try out that avant guarde Swedish brand or that New York skate brand or whatever. Ease the pressure on a niche group of brands (ie EG) to fulfill all of your fashion desires. Perhaps you come back in a year or two and EG still isn't for you and that's okay! Everybody has different journey's they're going on - this doesn't have to be a final destination.

Thank you and that will conclude my TED talk.
Blake

blue peter

Reaction score
fw21 looks great...but (a bit off topic, ik) season after season the two pieces i've been on a focused hunt for continue to allude me! fw overparkas (homespun or other wool varieties) and ss cotton aprons:

apron.jpg
tablier.jpg

pretty niche, but if you need an apron and you're into eg then the apron has to be an eg apron!

overparka.jpg

grail!! these would fly off the racks...why they don't do this makeup every fw with the added skirt is beyond me, haha

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The brand is still whimsical and eccentric, yet wearable and detail-oriented.

Blake

Exactly. Although the oversize silhouettes of the past 2 years are testing my patience. I try to look at it as more fabric for the money...

Reaction score
fw21 looks great...but (a bit off topic, ik) season after season the two pieces i've been on a focused hunt for continue to allude me! fw overparkas (homespun or other wool varieties) and ss cotton aprons:

View attachment 1551398 View attachment 1551399
pretty niche, but if you need an apron and you're into eg then the apron has to be an eg apron!

View attachment 1551400
grail!! these would fly off the racks...why they don't do this makeup every fw with the added skirt is beyond me, haha
Damn, what is that last smock?

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@InsulaTergum I'm wearing size L in all tops in that video and 32 in all pants. I didn't mind the shirting the last couple seasons being demonically oversized, but it seems far more approachable this season in regards to sizing

havensk

Reaction score

View attachment 1551398 View attachment 1551399

View attachment 1551400
I have a Margaret Howell apron that I love, its not for wearing out but its just fun having a designer apron when I'm in the kitchen. I've seen the eg aprons before but like you said they are hard to track down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads