• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS SS 19

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Ripstop patchwork Bedford arrived yesterday. I think that's the first time I'm really disappointed by EG item.
On one hand the colour and fabric/texture combo looks SO MUCH BETTER than my 6.5 flat twill navy patchwork Bedford - but it's only personal preference.
But on another - the shoulder construction seem to be kinda stiffer so it fits rather off, definetely not in a relaxed summer-ish way. I've also noticed 2 defects on ripstop fabric - something which looks like "knots" - if this was some kind of slubby fabric this would be acceptable, but having 2 very visible knots on one arm kinda sucks.
To finish this off, right sleeve is about an inch shorter than left one, wtf.

You can fix the sleeve -- just find an old pair of khakis, cut off a 1" strip and have a tailor sew it on to the sleeve opening...

Seriously, bummer. One thing about EG is that I have never had any quality issues, which i have used to justify their high MSRP...

maregmareg

Reaction score
You can fix the sleeve -- just find an old pair of khakis, cut off a 1" strip and have a tailor sew it on to the sleeve opening...

Seriously, bummer. One thing about EG is that I have never had any quality issues, which i have used to justify their high MSRP...
I'm already fixing the mistake of getting this piece by shipping it back today :)

Same for me.. EG is my go to brand when I want quality stuff to wear on almost all occasions. Even if this Bedford was great quality I'd ship it back anyway because the shoulder construction is just fucked up, and it's hard to say it's not a jacket for me or something like that because I have a very proportional body shape, and in 99% of the cases the fit is the last thing that ever bothers me - it's just a matter of getting the right size and I'm happy with how the stuff looks on me.
However this Bedford looks so bad in person, somehow the Navy version has kinda softer fabrics and the cut is much more flattering.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Just received my navy Painter Pants, definitely one of my favourite EG pants so far. The fit is just exactly what I like.
Go true to size with those, tie with drawstring or use belt - surely they should be worn like that, the silhouette looks so good. Sizing down would also work but the shape would be a bit slimmer and with cropped length (which I don't like at all).

IMG_4862.jpg

grayfox

Reaction score
Just received my navy Painter Pants, definitely one of my favourite EG pants so far. The fit is just exactly what I like.
Go true to size with those, tie with drawstring or use belt - surely they should be worn like that, the silhouette looks so good. Sizing down would also work but the shape would be a bit slimmer and with cropped length (which I don't like at all).

View attachment 1161282
Great pickup. These showed up on Grailed for $150 a couple weeks ago. Part of me regrets not copping for such a good price but part of me is content with all my other navy pants haha

Beswick

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the sizing is like on the Emerson pants this season? I'm a 30 waist and have Fatigues from this season in XS and they fit well. I've seen some measurements for S Emerson pants as 30" waist but I'm not sure if those are right.

tauburn

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the sizing is like on the Emerson pants this season? I'm a 30 waist and have Fatigues from this season in XS and they fit well. I've seen some measurements for S Emerson pants as 30" waist but I'm not sure if those are right.

I haven't tried the Emersons this season, but i have a pair from both of the last two seasons and I would say they are both around 32. From what I have experienced, all the pants are running large this season.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More a random thought but took the lirr with Angelo from eg today what a sweetheart of a guy

maregmareg

Reaction score
Just received my logger, sized down as recommended by some. Definetely doesn’t work for me.

True size would be better but anyway I have very mixed feelings about the jacket after seeing it in person so it will be returned for sure.

1C998C98-09A6-4C7C-8C72-443C43FB93A6.png

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my logger, sized down as recommended by some. Definetely doesn’t work for me.

True size would be better but anyway I have very mixed feelings about the jacket after seeing it in person so it will be returned for sure.

View attachment 1165380

Why? I think it looks great and fits well. I'd wear it with a scarf and collar up, but hey, I live in France.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great pickup. These showed up on Grailed for $150 a couple weeks ago. Part of me regrets not copping for such a good price but part of me is content with all my other navy pants haha

Interesting that the Painter pants returned to EG's lineup. I had a pair from around 2008. Back then they were stovepipe fit, long rise, with 2 hammer loops and the tool pocket. The rear pockets were flapped but the flaps were integral, if that make sense.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Why? I think it looks great and fits well. I'd wear it with a scarf and collar up, but hey, I live in France.
Body fits fine, sleeves are ridiculously short and a bit too baggy for their length.
True size wouldn't work as well because the sleeve length would be better but everything else most probably too big.

GeorgeC

Reaction score
I think it looks good too. But the sleeves are short, indeed.
Curious : how tall are you/what size is this

maregmareg

Reaction score
I think it looks good too. But the sleeves are short, indeed.
Curious : how tall are you/what size is this
I'm 6'0, 161 lbs, 39inch chest and it's size S.
Yeah it could be fine if not the sleeves, I truly hate short-ish sleeves so this needs to go back to the store. Somehow I'm over all not impressed with the jacket, not really sure why, I much prefer all other EG stuff that I wear on daily basis.

It's my first time I ever sized down in EG item (except Workaday fatigues) and I regret it.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
interesting, I went size down on mine and i'd say it's still a little too big for me ( which is fine because I layer heavily under it). For what it's worth and to echo the other folks above me, I agree sleeves look a little short but overall not bad fit. @maregmareg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics